• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Ted Ginn leaning towards going home to Cleveland

nctarheel0619

It's hard to fault anyone for going home, especially a guy who may be in the twilight of his career. Not like a return man is likely to play into his mid 30s or at least be in demand.

Would love to have Ginn back here, but if he goes home, all attention on to Jacoby and the draft.

Unless home is a poo hole :)

Gotta love how a 30 year old guy gets the "fug him!" treatment for wanting to close out his career playing for his hometown team surrounded by friends and family. I guarantee the same people crapping on him for choosing family over winning would have no problem with Steph Curry choosing to come home to play for the mediocore Hornets over consistent playoff runs with the Warriors. Family is more important to some than winning.

So Ginn is an older Stephen hill. Both are fast, both have issues catching the ball and running crisp routes. Some wanted Hill, and you have him. Ginn obviously better suited as a return guy. The new kick return rules have stymied much of that. Don't recall him returning punts.

If he goes to Cleveland hopefully we can grab jacoby jones, want a proven vet returner

Or we could push for CJ Spiller

Said it elsewhere: Would love to have him, but Cleveland offers family (they live in Ohio) familiarity (he's from Ohio) and finances (they'd likely pay more).

Couldn't necessarily blame him for choosing that.

I'll be happy either way

Its very true and if his focus is just on earn a check then I rather not have him wast a spot on this team. Cam made Ginn not the other way around and some guys just dont have the drive to want to win.

Gotta love how a 30 year old guy gets the "fug him!" treatment for wanting to close out his career playing for his hometown team surrounded by friends and family. I guarantee the same people crapping on him for choosing family over winning would have no problem with Steph Curry choosing to come home to play for the mediocore Hornets over consistent playoff runs with the Warriors. Family is more important to some than winning.

One person said fug him, just one and you feel the need to group everyone else in there. We got the same deal with Tolbert, dude could have easily signed with SD for more money. The only thing I find crazy is the fact he will have no QB to throw him the ball, so that just makes it clear he does not care about winning.

So Ginn is an older Stephen hill. Both are fast, both have issues catching the ball and running crisp routes. Some wanted Hill, and you have him. Ginn obviously better suited as a return guy. The new kick return rules have stymied much of that. Don't recall him returning punts.

He's a better punt returner than kick returner.He returned more punts for us than kicks the year he was here. Also, he has returned more punts than kicks the last 4 seasons.

Archived