• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers Mock Draft Rounds 1 - 3

Jeremy Igo

As much as I love fisher in the 2nd, I dislike collins in the first. Hes a OLB in my opinion and he'd have too learn how to play. Fisher in the second is one of those "take seconds to turn in the card" type of pics. O leary is my fav TE, but the overall class is awful. Still prefer to wait a round on him and select form the more valuable WR/DL/OL/CB options in the 3rd.

When Gettleman tells you how deep receiver is, he is telling you there are prospects available in rounds 4-7

But do I want one that low as my future number two? I understand that a good wide receiver can be drafted in the later rounds, but I witnessed all too well the inability of our corps to get open last year. I guess it's dependant on free agency, but even then it will be a stop gap.

This would be my dream first 2 picks. I still have a really really hard time seeing Collins drop to us but I fuging hope he does so badly. Our D would easily be top 3 again with adding him in addition to our other young guys improving. Not sure I'd be that happy with O'Leary but it's the 3rd round and if that's who DG and Rivera go with then I'm all for it.

Not a fan of Collins even if he is available. I think there will be better options. He is poor in coverage and struggles big time in space. In the modern NFL, a passing league, I want a safety who excels in coverage. His game against Ole Miss I believe was a disaster. Secondary players from Alabama have disappointed in the NFL as of late when you look at where they were drafted and Saban has beat them to death. I'm still thinking we go with another veteran safety in free agency this year to compete with Harper and/or Boston. Like the rest well enough although I'd rather we get a speed guy like Lockett in third if he is there. Give me Strong or Perriman in the first.

Like the first two picks.

O'Leary has great hands but his 40 at the combine might drop him out of the 3rd/4th/5th rounds. That was shockingly low, not to mention his lack of height. A 3rd's a tad high for a Richie Brockel type guy. We could do better than that.

Brockel has no hands. Not a great comparison. 

Archived