• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

NFL Free Agent News

Mr. Scot

Not much of Marshall's contract is tied up in a signing bonus (more teams should really structure contracts this way), so the Bears don't actually take a big hit if he's cut or traded. Though if not cut or traded by the 12th his 2015 salary becomes fully guaranteed, so there's a defined window for a potential Marshall move.

If traded, new team would take on following salaries:

2015: $7.7m (Fully guaranteed March 12th)

2016: $8.1m (Not guaranteed)

2017: $8.5m (Not guaranteed, but jumps to $9.2m if team reaches Super Bowl)

Only one year is guaranteed? I would definitely take on that deal.

Marshall might be a kittle over the hill folks. If were gunna spend that much money i want it to be someone else.

He's not.  He's only 30 and for a one year rental, not bad.  His game isn't really built on speed anyway.  

That being said, I'd like a speed guy still.  Torrey Smith would still be nice.  There is a ton of WR's out there now, so the market should be decent.  I still wouldn't be mad at getting someone like Marshall.

Regardless, we should still draft a WR in the 1st/2nd to compliment the upgrade we sign (and we better sign one).  

Maybe we should trade Stewart to the Philly Ducks and use the $$ to sign Spiller.

I know this is in jest but Spiller is getting some serious hype of late. I'm all for adding him here as depth but he is not a bell cow. What was he, the #3 RB in Buffalo last year. LOL at Eagles fans thinking he is the answer to losing McCoy. If he really declined 5mil to stay in Buffalo he's nuts.

Haven't went through each page, so it may have already been posted...

Espn is saying the Bears are trying to trade Brandon Marshall and the Steelers are hoping Troy Polamalu will retire because they feel he is past his prime and his cap number is too high.

Haven't went through each page, so it may have already been posted...

Espn is saying the Bears are trying to trade Brandon Marshall and the Steelers are hoping Troy Polamalu will retire because they feel he is past his prime and his cap number is too high.

You were scooped on Marshall but no one's mentioned the Polamolu story yet.

Archived