• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers In No Hurry

Jeremy Igo

What people are failing to grasp is that the "genius" Chip Kelly, and to some extent Sean Payton, are breaking the bank to rebuild their teams in a similar mould to ours. They are all going defense first, ground games. 

Yet our fanbase is shouting about herp derp receiver X and Y, when most other GMs and coaches are going the other way. 

I will be very surprised if we spend any more money this FA period. We have $13m cap left, 7m will be stored for changes that might be needed during the season and $4-5m will be saved for rookies. 

• Pie 4

What people are failing to grasp is that the "genius" Chip Kelly, and to some extent Sean Payton, are breaking the bank to rebuild their teams in a similar mould to ours. They are all going defense first, ground games.

Yet our fanbase is shouting about herp derp receiver X and Y, when most other GMs and coaches are going the other way.

I will be very surprised if we spend any more money this FA period. We have $13m cap left, 7m will be stored for changes that might be needed during the season and $4-5m will be saved for rookies.

That awkward moment when your defensively built team gives up a perfect passer rating and 3 touchdowns on 3rd down in a playoff game.

• Pie 1

If you jump the gun too early you miss out on the bargin suprise veteran cuts...S Dashon Goldson rumored to be cut in Tampa, Jake Long, Etc.

These are the guys that could miss the second(still overpriced) wave of FA and will start to sign prove it deals that are cap friendly.

I Guess some on here still do not know we will have two huge extentions to make decisions on and that cap is being managed for three years from now, not just March 2015.

Edited by TANTRIC-NINJA
  • Pie 5

The other point to this is that we were able to sign many key contributors (Cole, Olsen, Dickson, Edwards, etc...) which is a stark contrast to last off season when we were unable to do so due to cap reasons. I think this is overlooked by the casual fan but in fact what we did is keep a core together and effectively maintain continuity. This is key IMO

Ok I'm sorry but why does everyone love Dickson so much around here? He had 178 red yds and 1 TD, what about him is so special? Because he's a blocker? I just do not understand what makes him so loved and why it was so imperative to sign him to a three year deal.

• Pie 1

Ok I'm sorry but why does everyone love Dickson so much around here? He had 178 red yds and 1 TD, what about him is so special? Because he's a blocker? I just do not understand what makes him so loved and why it was so imperative to sign him to a three year deal.

He spent a lot of last season blocking because the OL was so bad. Once we made some changes up front and the OL improved, he was able to get involved in the passing game more often. Which is why we began to notice him more at the end of the season. The team is counting on the improved OL play to continue, and for Dickson to be more of a receiving threat. With that said, he is a backup TE. If he gets 400-500 yards, that is solid. He had several teams calling for his services so don't pretend he has no value.

Edited by TylerVagyler
  • Pie 1