• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers talk to Greg Jennings

Jeremy Igo

Not when Dave takes him to the Epicenter and blows his mind with awesome. Once Greg sees Whiskey River he will sign for pennies.

The Epicenter was pretty sweet when I went. They had a CVS that had the family size bag of Pirate's Booty for just $2.00. So yeah I had a pretty good night.

I don't know if he would be much of an upgrade over Cotchery. He had about 200 yards more than Cotchery last year but the Vikings did not have Olsen or KB. He was their main target and still only had a little over 700 year receiving. He's not bad, but at his age now is he really going to improve the receiving corps that much? He has not had 1,000 season since 2010. He's not a bad player, he just maybe not be the guy most of the people remember from GB 5 or 6 years ago. Big name but not such big production anymore.

Significant upgrade over Cotchery. Jennings had a rookie QB last year that didn't come into his own until the 2nd half of the season.

Not when Dave takes him to the Epicenter and blows his mind with awesome. Once Greg sees Whiskey River he will sign for pennies.

Yes but nothing beats the close like a piping hot Egg Bo Biscuit. This is what ultimately seals the deal. Sure, he might wake up to unlimited breakfast possibilities this morning at the Ritz, but at the end of the day you gotta needa wanta getta hava Bojangles.

I'll take Things That Will never Happen for $100 Alex. Jennings is gonna want more than Carolina has to offer.

I gotta believe that there were at least preliminary talks before Carolina put him on a plane. You don't bring the guy in for a face-to-face if there is no chance to sign him.

I hope so but he has not shown it over the last 2 or 3 years.

The QB play has been questionable the most for him. Matt Cassel, Christian Ponder, and a rookie in Teddy Bridgewater will only get you so far. If the Panthers can some how land Greg Jennings that my friend would beneficial to our offense and him. Cam will get him the ball often, I'm not saying Cam is going to be Aaron Rodgers, but I think Jennings could do big things in our offense with a better QB he has played with in a while.

So you must be one of the real sources?

He thought you meant the group of women who come on TV during the day to gossip.  That show is called "The Talk"

Seriously, if you read the Voth article, it does say that Jennings is likely to take his time.  If I am 31 and have a chance to step into a place like Carolina that is a few pieces away from contending, I consider it more seriously as others, all things considered.  However, we could not have looked worse vs. Minnesota last year.

If Jennings is signed Todd Gurley could really be our pick in the first or second. WR Might not be picked until a later round.

Maybe in the second, if he falls. If we sign Jennings I'm 90% sure we'd pick a defensive player in the 1st. Unless a top tackle like Collins falls or one of the top 3 wideouts falls I don't see us going offense at all. I truly think there's no way we go Gurley. DG wants guys in the first who can contribute and have an impact immediately. Gurley wouldn't, behind Stewart and coming off the injury. Would be ecstatic with him in the 2nd.

If Jennings is signed Todd Gurley could really be our pick in the first or second. WR Might not be picked until a later round.

That's what I'd prefer.  This is Stewart's last season here...we need a replacement.  Gurley with a year under his belt sounds good to me.

Archived