• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Mr. Richardson did flex muscles regarding Hardy

dswofford

You have to respect the man.

It takes balls (not really) to select class and moral ground over not resigning the best FA de in football when he wants to stay on ur team.

Richardson sent a message.

The panthers are bigger than any one player.

Except when the player is a WR he loves having dinner with that beats other teammates into hospital visits. .

This is about Mr Richardson saying no to not just the negatively that came from Hardy's domestic dispute, but how Hardy has carried himself off the field since he has been a Panther.

You mean Hardy's tendency to hang out with the cocaine and automatic weapons crowd?

As compared to Smitty's tendency (and I am no Smith fan) to hang out with his wife and kids?

How DARE you be so judgemental, sir!

:P

very refreshing to finally have someone who wants to talk about the subject at hand. please elaborate on which of my points about Jerry Richardson are hypothetical.

Man just shut up, please. You win or whatever you want, just stop.

Keeping Hardy was never really financially possible. I knew that the day I heard he'd turned down an offer for 8 million a year.

But beyond that, you have to keep in mind that the climate in the NFL took a hard left turn with the Ray Rice story, and frankly the league is still reeling from it. Anybody with a domestic violence rap against them is gonna find it tough sledding.

Heck, Hardy's off field shenanigans scared the Seahawks (a team whose brain trust obviously knows how to win the big games) and the Raiders (a team with loads of money to send) out of pursuing him. And the team that did is taking a load of bad press right now.

This is how it's gonna be in the post Ray Rice NFL.

And let's be real. Regardless of how you feel about his guilt or innocence, Hardy is a guy who's shown plenty of bad judgement in his history. It was pretty clear to anyone who heard Gettleman say "who needs a time bomb" that he had Hardy in mind as one of those. So it wasn't gonna happen anyway.

Heck, I loved Hardy's on-field 'Kraken' persona as much as anyone, but it just wasn't meant to be.

And no, losing him will not cripple or doom this team as some have suggested. Defense is still a team effort.

Yes, what he could do on the field might be difficult to replace...

...but it's not impossible.

Fair enough. Let's all hope Kony Ealy pans out. He definitely showed some promise last season.

When you have only 1 team willing to sign one of the best, young, 43 DE's to hit FA in quite some time...it says a lot about the player in question's background.

Personally, I'm very skeptical about how everything went down, but that doesn't change the fact that he was messing with her, had more than enough guns in his house to start a coup, and did some things after the ruling came down that the owner of the team didn't appreciate.

When the Bengals, Jets, Raiders, Browns, Jags, etc...didn't look into him hard, that was all I needed to know.  There is more to it, and most owners were scared of the backlash.

Archived