• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

WR Takashi Kurihara, looking to become first Japanese player in NFL, runs a 4.54 40 at the veteran combine (Highlight video inside)

some issues..

1) can he even speak English? how will that effect chemistry with his team? if he does, how well? how easy would it be fore Cam to explain where he needs him to be, and when.

2) granted, i only saw 2 mins of the highlight tape, but look at that level of competition. they are all the same size.. looks like a small population highschool game by looking at whats on the field.

3) 4.54 isnt that fast. Kelvin ran a 4.59 and he isn't considered a burner. he just isn't slow

I say no. He didnt make it with the ravens, playing with a bunch of very low talent players over the course of two years wont make him any better

some issues..

1) can he even speak English? how will that effect chemistry with his team? if he does, how well? how easy would it be fore Cam to explain where he needs him to be, and when.

2) granted, i only saw 2 mins of the highlight tape, but look at that level of competition. they are all the same size.. looks like a small population highschool game by looking at whats on the field.

3) 4.54 isnt that fast. Kelvin ran a 4.59 and he isn't considered a burner. he just isn't slow

I say no. He didnt make it with the ravens, playing with a bunch of very low talent players over the course of two years wont make him any better

1. Good question, but considering international soccer and basketball fans get by just fine, I can't imagine it'd be that big of an issue. Most people internationally know enough English to get by these days anyways.

2. True, but apparently his team alone has quite a few Americans, former D1 college players or guys whose NFL careers didn't work out. Though I agree with you, his hands looked good and he seemed to have a good grasp of the game.

3. No, it's not, but I was reading that the timing mechanism is different than the real combine's one. I can't be damned to go back and find the source since it's not that important, but a mid to high 4.40 puts him at or above Wes Welker, Cole Beasley, Antonio Brown, and some other guys around his same size. You don't need to be technically fast to play like you are.

Sure, he'd likely never make the team, but if for nothing else than the media story and potential new fans from Japan? Why not give the guy a chance in training camp? He was supposedly impressive in the Ravens camp and survived all the way until the end of the camp.

SIGN HIM. I am going to Japan for a Semester abroad!

I spent some time in Okinawa. You're gonna be swimming in pussy (provided you're decently attractive and not Asian) because they love Americans out there.

With that being said, give dude a chance his hair is epic.

Archived