• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers claim OT Jonathan Martin

jamos14

Anyone know how much we save and the penalty for cutting Chandler?

$50k however that amount his is workout bonus so assuming he doesn't get cut until training camp and he gets the bonus by attending offseason workouts then it will actually be $0 since it will have been paid to him prior to him getting cut. He'll be on the cap for $1.15M regardless.

• Pie 2

For those who are complaining would you rather us have Chandler and Foucault as back ups?

No let me guess you would rather us spend a few million on a injured Jake Long because he was good four years ago.

How about spend 5+ million on Barksdale?

Or we could claim a former 2nd rounder by just taking on his rookie contract of about 1 million.

This was a great move by Gettleman. He isn't going to be the starter unless he earns it and if he can beat out Reammers then he deserves to start. I don't care about what happend two years ago because that is the past.

• Pie 3

This is the 'Godfathers' way of sifting through possible gold dust without buying the farm. Isn't it obvious by now that he will not get fleeced with high priced F.A signings that hurt the bottom line. He does the real work at the end of April. All these signings just build a base to compliment the draft.

Edited by Jmac
  • Pie 4

This is the 'Godfathers' way of sifting through possible gold dust without buying the farm. Isn't it obvious by now that he will not get fleeced with high priced F.A signings that hurt the bottom line. He does the real work at the end of April. All these signings just build a base to compliment the draft.

If he has another stellar draft this year, his focus needs to be on aquiring draft picks! Fug Free Agency

I don't think that much of Martins ability so this kinda worries me that Gman thinks he can help us a lot.

Makes me think Oher and Remmers are not as highly regarded as I hoped they might be, but if we can do something with no risk, then why not

IMHO Oher and Remmers are stop gappers at best!