• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

If it came down to Peat or Perriman....

MedellinHeel

Here's the important thing to me...

I've seen offenses be successful even when one of their top two receivers had a case of the dropsies.

Both of your starters having inconsistent hands though?

That's a really difficult handicap to overcome.

I know everyone is all hyped up on speed right now (so to speak) but if I'm looking for a guy to complement Kelvin Benjamin, my key factor is that he have the best hands available.

Ideally, you get both speed and hands, but if I'm absolutely forced to take a little less of one or the other, I'm skimping on speed.

Like I've said before, doesn't matter how damn fast you run to a spot if you don't catch the ball when you get there.

Why is Perriman getting so much hype? Because of his 40 speed? Peat all the way Inin this scenario.

Yep.

1306235375_cat_vs_laser_pointer.gif

Nope.  He was getting hype before his Pro Day.  He was considered a fringe 1st round from early in the draft season.  He's being talked about MORE now for the same reason all the combine participants got talked about so much more after the combine.  There is new information about him to talk about.

Here's the important thing to me...

I've seen offenses be successful even when one of their top two receivers had a case of the dropsies.

Both of your starters having inconsistent hands though?

That's a really difficult handicap to overcome.

I know everyone is all hyped up on speed right now (so to speak) but if I'm looking for a guy to complement Kelvin Benjamin, my key factor is that he have the best hands available.

Ideally, you get both speed and hands, but if I'm absolutely forced to take a little less of one or the other, I'm skimping on speed.

Like I've said before, doesn't matter how damn fast you run to a spot if you don't catch the ball when you get there.

It's hard to argue with that.  I will say that Perriman did not have any drops his last four games, or at his pro day.  The theory that it may have been concentration drops due to whatever reasons may be valid, and there just may be a real reason to be optimistic about Perriman's chances to be a good pro.  Even if he doesn't go in the first...

My main question to everyone except PrometheanRunner (because I already know the answer) is have you actually watched much video on Perriman?  I have.  His "dropsies" are a bit exaggerated.  He has occasional lapses in concentration, like most WR prospects do.  The difference is he isn't a body catcher.  Most guys coming out with "hands problems" are because they ... don't catch with their hands.  They try to body catch, or hop catch.  He doesn't.  Perriman is a true hands catcher.  That makes a big difference.  And I'm not trying to say I'm in love with the guy as a prospect, he has deficiencies, but it seems he's getting slammed here by people who aren't actually informed.  I think he's worth our pick if the top 4 WRs (Cooper, White, Parker, Strong) are gone and WR is where BPA is at for Gettleman.  Perriman is just a hair below Parker and Strong, in my opinion.  Maybe neck and neck with Parker.

Let me preface this by saying for all of you that I know Gman was not the GM while in NY.

But

In the years he was there, I think they took only one T in all the first 3 rounds put together.  Like 36 rounds and only one T.

So, if Peat is not just a slam dunk, I think Gman will go elsewhere.  Maybe not a WR, but not Peat

Let me preface this by saying for all of you that I know Gman was not the GM while in NY.

But

In the years he was there, I think they took only one T in all the first 3 rounds put together. Like 36 rounds and only one T.

So, if Peat is not just a slam dunk, I think Gman will go elsewhere. Maybe not a WR, but not Peat

That's actually a pretty amazing stat.

Then you'll see for yourself on draft day. Perriman isn't first round material.

I'm pretty sure you were the guy last draft swearing donte moncrief was a first round guy that still ended up going in the 3rd just like everyone told you he would. Maybe you should tone down on your big claims expert

I like Perriman...as a second rounder. I've got him in that second tier alongside Agholor, Coates, Funchess, and Devin Smith. He may have surpassed those guys but not enough to surpass Strong (or even DGB from a talent perspective).

In this scenario I'd take Peat and then one of those receivers I mentioned at 57 (56? Lolfalcons).

Archived