• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Update: Charles Tillman signed by Panthers (official)

Ehhh idk how to feel about it. Need speed in the dbs. Although his instincts and ability are prob better than casons even at the age he is.

Neither Bene or Norman is fast. I just want good guys who can play. Tillman fits that bill despite his age, and he'd come really cheap, as well as mentor our young guys.

At the very least, this would be a great depth signing... Bene and Norman aren't the stoutest guys and Norman gets dinged up  quite a bit playing the way he does. We've added some speed and special teams players already; our team is young and it looks like that trend will continue with all of these draft picks; why not add a wise old vet to season up these youngsters ( I include Norman as a youngster).

I figure he will give us a home-town discount like all of the other former all-pro free agents.

Waiting for him to tweet out that he is reading his copy of Charlotte's Web.

Interesting thought. If McD ends up a head coach and Wilks becomes DC maybe Tillman to DBs coach?

note:

Ron Rivera spent his entire 9-year NFL playing career all with the Bears (age 22 to 30)

Tillman spent his entire 12-year NFL playing career all with the Bears (age 22 to 33)

Archived