• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

CBS Sports 7 Round Mock Draft

lmao nah the panthers won't take Clemmings. Especially with Flowers, who we love, on the board.

J jones will have pretty much crushed his credibility if the Panthers draft Clemmings..

He has pretty much said on Twitter and on Radio that Clemmings is not even a option for the Panthers in the 1st. ..

J jones will have pretty much crushed his credibility if the Panthers draft Clemmings..

He has pretty much said on Twitter and on Radio that Clemmings is not even a option for the Panthers in the 1st. ..

I hadn't seen that but I approve. He probably can't even play next year unless he figures out how to stop an inside move immediately. Watching him senior bowl week, he got torched on inside moves every time so I went and watched a couple games since we were being mocked him all the time then and everytime someone used an inside move on him he lost badly. You can't help but recognize the potential he's got, but with the advance scouting in the NFL he's screwed because everyone will know his weakness and exploit the hell out of it. I'm no OL guru so I don't know how hard that is to fix and if you think he can then he will be very good, but if not he flames out.

IF we draft a qb, it could speak volumes about the Cam negotiations.  But we could draft a qb, trade Anderson....

I don't think it would really say much about Cam and contract negotiations.

Our current back-up QB is getting up there in age and does cost a fair amount.  Good teams always look to have young players they are developing in the wings....and that includes QB.  Waiting until you no longer have a QB to try and find one is a recipe for disaster.

Drafting a young (somewhat developmental QB) serves multiple purposes:

1.  Allows you to not carry an expensive back-up QB

2.  Allows you to hedge against losing your current QB in FA (if the price goes up too far for your starter)

3.  Allows you to develop them for a year or two and them flip them for a higher draft pick in a trade

4.  Allows you to have a young QB in a similar mold to your starter/offensive scheme (athletic QB) so that you do not have to change much in your scheme if you need to start them

This might be a good year to invest a mid round pick on a guy.

Ain't none of that poo happening..

Dj Humphries and Flowers on the board and they take TJ?? REALLY? ?

The writer is a moron..

iDK, I think Clemmings has a lot to offer , I would be thrilled to get him in the first. There are many  a number of scenarios that may be in place . At face value the pick is a good one. No one knows what will actually happen but maybe we need to invoke the George Castanza approach.

Even with the Grayson pick... if this happened... I'd still be incredibly satisfied with the draft. Love the first 3 rounds. Nelson and Duke would be a homerun. I love that we there are 3 linemen picked in the draft because this is a real possibility.

I don't think it would really say much about Cam and contract negotiations.

Our current back-up QB is getting up there in age and does cost a fair amount.  Good teams always look to have young players they are developing in the wings....and that includes QB.  Waiting until you no longer have a QB to try and find one is a recipe for disaster.

Drafting a young (somewhat developmental QB) serves multiple purposes:

1.  Allows you to not carry an expensive back-up QB

2.  Allows you to hedge against losing your current QB in FA (if the price goes up too far for your starter)

3.  Allows you to develop them for a year or two and them flip them for a higher draft pick in a trade

4.  Allows you to have a young QB in a similar mold to your starter/offensive scheme (athletic QB) so that you do not have to change much in your scheme if you need to start them

This might be a good year to invest a mid round pick on a guy.

Great points.

Archived