• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

We are the Greatest Fanbase eva'! Twitter says so. Thank you! The End

GRWatcher

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

• PMH4OWPW7JD2TDGWZKTOYL2T3E.jpg

• Topics

• I thought Winston was going to be a 10-15 year problem, sooo glad he went the better josh Freeman route. I mean prime Ryan, brees, and if Winston became that guy........Id hate to be a DC for Carolina.   The main deal is 1st overall pick goto the worse teams.  Looking at the list only Burrow has been able to break the loser mentally fog over those teams. Goff was reborn for the lions and you could make a case for him, but 2nd team. Luck and Cam are about the same, injuries ended great runs.  Burrow should get more MVP votes.
    • Mac Jones outshined Trevor Lawrence his rookie year. Now he is his backup. Let’s just see what happens and yes supporting cast and coaching matters. It’s what ultimately ruined Mac’s career and sustained Trevor’s. 
    • Our future RHD room had a ton of question marks going into this offseason, glad we took care of 1 spot already. It's a good price and term for Chatty. Very good chance he outplays this deal but there is some risk of it being a slight overpayment for a guy more suited for the 3rd pair. If he and Orlov as expected wind up being our 2nd pair, I'm confident and comfortable in them being an above average 2nd pair, but we do have to see it first. It was ridiculous having them as a 3rd pair last year, though really too bad Pesce got hurt in the playoffs.   I don't think this rules out keeping Pesce necessarily but he probably walks. So we've got Burns, Chatty, Morrow next year. Not terrible if we keep the big forward guns like Guentz and Necas but if we don't we definitely still need to add to the RHD group IMO. Morrow ideally plays most of next year in the AHL. And Burns' play slipped down the stretch last year and he's going to be a year older and is already the oldest player in the league.    I don't want to trade Necas but if we do, barring him being just 1 piece in a big forward upgrade, I hope we get a legit cost controlled top 4 RHD back.