• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Jennings to the Phins?

DelhommesTheMan

$8M? no thanks

$4M per year is perfectly reasonable for Jennings and with a signing bonus it would have been easy to have the cap hits be $3M this year and $5M next year when the cap opens up a lot. As long as the second year salary isn't guaranteed it really wouldn't be painful to cut him after this year if he didn't produce. I think Miami got a pretty good deal for him.

Seriously, Im not sure I can get over the pushing someone down the stairs thing, but DGB may be our one shot at landing a true #1 that could supplant KB into what I believe will be his natural and most productive position as a monster possession receiver, automatic red zone go-to man and road grater for the rushing attack.

That is the true first round draft pick that could make our offensive attack be able to score at will.

It would be the perfect timing and the perfect weaponry with a peaking defense and a just good enough line to give us a true shot to win in a shootout.

...and the pipe dream drifts away just like Dwayne Jarrett, except DJ actually made it on our roster and I know DGB wont. sigh

I really don't see how Reggie Wayne is a better fit than Cotch...It's draft or bust which is how it should be, we have a lot of young guys that need opportunities. Boykin basically cemented Jennings not signing here

Boykin had nothing to do with Jennings not signing here, if only because they are completely different role players. If Jennings would have signed, Cotchery would have been cut at some point.

Archived