• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Which prospect was deemed as almost a certainty to be drafted by Carolina in 2013?

@bobbyagnese

I'm a little foggy from draft coverage last year, so I'm hoping that someone here can refresh my memory. Which prospect was everyone saying we would draft in the first round last year? I know the guys from the Observer were constantly talking about Benjamin, but I can't remember what the 'experts' were saying.

2013 the main consensus pick was "they're picking a DT".  Sheldon Richardson and Shariff Floyd were popular choices in mocks. In 2014 it was "they're picking a WR" with Brandin Cooks, Marquis Lee, and Benjamin the mock draft choices.  This year it's "they're picking an OT", with DJ Humphries the overwhelming favorite in the mocks.

Man I'm glad we didn't pick Floyd.  I knew he wasn't going to be in the same league as Richardson or Star.  I was always praying for Star but would have been happy with Richardson.  Last year Moses was a popular one, but WR was the consensus position we'd address.

Man I'm glad we didn't pick Floyd.  I knew he wasn't going to be in the same league as Richardson or Star.  I was always praying for Star but would have been happy with Richardson.  Last year Moses was a popular one, but WR was the consensus position we'd address.

Me too.  I think that we would've nabbed Richardson though.  He was getting more buzz and was obviously up to the task.

On an off note, that sig brings back some memories.  It seems so long ago now.  I wish that our team had just a little more smidgen of 89's attitude. Kelvin Benjamin has a little stag in him though. 

13: Richardson, Eifert, the huddle loved Tavon Austin, a lot liked C. Patterson, including me. Everyone loved Star but most didn't think he'd be there.

14: Lee throughout, Benjamin early, I wanted Verrett, Morgan Moses. Shazier got some love,

13: Richardson, Eifert, the huddle loved Tavon Austin, a lot liked C. Patterson, including me. Everyone loved Star but most didn't think he'd be there.

14: Lee throughout, Benjamin early, I wanted Verrett, Morgan Moses. Shazier got some love,

You wanted Moses?

Archived