• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Pot coming "in five years" to a team near you?

top dawg

An anonymous NFL GM is estimating that somewhere within five years, the league will allow weed.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2447390-nfl-gm-believes-30-to-40-percent-of-2015-draft-class-smoke-marijuana-regularly

I am somewhat skeptical, as the league seems hypersensitive to public pressure, and I could also see goody two-shoes congressmen trying to be a hindrance. But, I am all for it, not just for the NFL, but for everyone.

Free weed!

Now I don't smoke, but I don't see how you booze can be legal, and pot can't. I am sure that Goodell would earn some brownie points (maybe even the kind that Bacarri Rambo ate) if he gets the NFL to allow pot.

As of now, I guess teams will continue feigning public disappointment and/or outrage.

It's so stupid that guys careers get ruined over this. So many players do it and nobody in the NFL really cares.

The current policy isn't "don't smoke weed", it's "don't get caught" which is just retarded.

Not to mention them giving out codeine like candy and injecting pain killers like it's nothing.  The Lynch story was very telling. 

It's so stupid that guys careers get ruined over this. So many players do it and nobody in the NFL really cares.

The current policy isn't "don't smoke weed", it's "don't get caught" which is just retarded.

I agree.

It's incredibly stupid that morons are throwing away millions just to get high.

Archived