• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Round 1 - Carolina Panthers Select Shaq Thompson

Jeremy Igo

I'm just curious where we play him.  We play a 4-3 base, but we only actually put 3 LBs on the field on a little over 30% of defensive snaps last year.  I don't see taking snaps away from Luke or TD to get him on the field, so he's either going to have to straight up play SS or he's going to have to play in some sort of joker role to see a decent amount of snaps.

While I sorta like the pick, what ever happened to BPA?

With OT and WR being the most pressing need and Perriman being the highest rated available, why wasn't he drafted?

Gettleman's BPA > Mayock's BPA

With OT and WR being the most pressing need and Perriman being the highest rated available, why wasn't he drafted?

Gettleman had Thompson rated higher.

You can't go by media rankings.

Everyone's BPA is different. Pundits thought Kelvin was overdrafted last year, too.

Dear Cam,

Fug you.

Signed, Dave Gettlemen.

Guess I won't be changing my sig this year.

we need a LT and I wasnt high on any of them, so I'm not upset that we didnt get one, but we had some decent options on the board at WR that we left there. I think Strong could end up being special, and we go defense..... 

I'm not saying Shaq Thompson wont be a good player, I think he will be.  I just think there were bigger needs that we had then anything defense.

Archived