• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Dave Gettleman is quietly putting together a better draft than last year.

Jeremy Igo

We really have not strayed away from that Hog Molly mentality this draft. We are getting bigger and bigger lol

"Can't coach physics and Newton's first law" or something like that... Gettleman wants people who know how to stop things in motion and quickly move from a stop.

We really have not strayed away from that Hog Molly mentality this draft. We are getting bigger and bigger lol

Yeah all of our picks are massive except Shaq, he's actually pretty small for a LB.

"Can't coach physics and Newton's first law" or something like that... Gettleman wants people who know how to stop things in motion and quickly move from a stop.

Pie for trying to drop some science on the Huddle

I can get on board with the idea its genius to move up and target the players you want... but I have an issue with who he is targeting and when. Both Thompson and Funchess could have been taken later I believe. 

This type of thinking is very dangerous. You never know where other teams have players rated or where they want to pick them. If you base your thinking off mock drafts then yes we "reached". But then again the way I think we should look at it is that the Panthers went after the players they were targeting and wanted. If we didn't get Shaq maybe Dallas does. If we didn't get Funchess maybe the Saints do. We never know so Im glad the Panthers went after their targets. 

Archived