• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Cam needs to step up this year

If you expect to get a response, I would advice you to clean up your language and hailing signals Sally.

So you're saying the Seattle Defense didn't score about 20 points (and/or greatly assist the offense) before they scored any points on their own?

And Yes, IRRC, the Seattle defense scored more points in the first half than the Seattle offense did. The Seattle offense, scored later, in the second half after the game was over (and the defense scored, and/or assisted on those points). Is that not true?

Wilson and the Seattle defense, did virtually nothing the entire first half. I stand by that.

Funny, how people forget/didn't watch or remember the game.

They would surely remember if Cam was the QB at the helm lol. 

The arrow should certainly be pointing up for the Panthers.

1.Cam had an ankle operation which limited his mobility

2.Cam still has not learned to slide and in his 4th preseason, got his rib broken because of it, which had an effect on his passing

3. OT's and G's did not help the running game or give Cam the time needed on a lot of passing plays

4. Cam has lazy feet, bad mechanics, whatever you want to call it, sometimes his feet look nailed to the ground and the ball comes out at a weird angle, behind receivers, over their head, etc.

5. WR's do not get separation like they should which would help and they seem to lose attention and get the dropsies

6. Cam takes too many losses instead of just throwing away the ball, needs to manage the game better.

7. His pouting/being by himself seems to have subsided and he is hanging with the players on the sidelines now, Steve Smith departure?

8. His OC is not the most creative guy we have ever seen but not sure how creative you can get when our offense cannot pick up the right blocks/blitzes and execute the basic plays. Better Oline and new WR should help

All this, and we still won our division 2 years in a row.  Lots of low hanging fruit for the Panthers to fix which will bring our performances up a great deal.  This should make the guys in our division very nervous

They would surely remember if Cam was the QB at the helm lol. 

It's almost if they didn't see the same game the rest of us did in their desire to defend Wilson.

The man was a virtual bystander during the Superbowl he won in that first half, when the defense scored or assisted on 20+ points, which was more than the offense scored during the second half when the game was virtually over.

Not hating on Wilson. Those are just the facts/what happened.

huh?

2014 - Ben (3) Rivers (12)

2013 - Ben (9) Rivers (4)

2012 - Ben (7) Rivers (11)

2011 - Ben (10) Rivers (11)

The last 4 years Rivers has only had better numbers 1 time. 

I'm not even sure what numbers you are quoting here, but I look at an entire body of work.

How would Cam's rushing TD numbers look if you take out the first year?

You can have whomever you want in your top 5, mine are Manning, Brady, Rodgers, Brees and Rivers.  

Well you could make the argument that if it weren't for LT, they might not have even been in the playoffs Rivers first couple of seasons. 28 TD's in 2006. Unreal. Even in those last few years with the Chargers when he was winding down, LT still put up 11 touchdowns in 2008 and 12 in 2009.

What is funny about the comparison with Eli in here, and about him being a "turnover machine" is that for a long time Rivers had the reputation of blowing games at the end with costly interceptions. I think Rivers is really good, but I don't see a reason to poo on other QB's who actually won a Lombardi Trophy just to make him look better because he hasn't won one.

I'm not shitting on Eli, I just think that Rivers is better than he is.

If I had one game to win, equal coaches and surrounding talent, and I have Rivers, Ben, or Eli to pick from, I'm taking Rivers, then Ben, then Eli.  That's pretty much all I'm saying.  Certainly not tearing anyone down.

Wtf do some of you argue?

Just /nod and /smile.   Like if a mentally ill child puts a poo mustache on the family cat..and screams that the cat is now  William Shakespeare.   You don't get into an arguement with the mentally ill child...  you nod,  smile,  and walk away.

The arrow should certainly be pointing up for the Panthers.

1.Cam had an ankle operation which limited his mobility

2.Cam still has not learned to slide and in his 4th preseason, got his rib broken because of it, which had an effect on his passing

3. OT's and G's did not help the running game or give Cam the time needed on a lot of passing plays

4. Cam has lazy feet, bad mechanics, whatever you want to call it, sometimes his feet look nailed to the ground and the ball comes out at a weird angle, behind receivers, over their head, etc.

5. WR's do not get separation like they should which would help and they seem to lose attention and get the dropsies

6. Cam takes too many losses instead of just throwing away the ball, needs to manage the game better.

7. His pouting/being by himself seems to have subsided and he is hanging with the players on the sidelines now, Steve Smith departure?

8. His OC is not the most creative guy we have ever seen but not sure how creative you can get when our offense cannot pick up the right blocks/blitzes and execute the basic plays. Better Oline and new WR should help

All this, and we still won our division 2 years in a row.  Lots of low hanging fruit for the Panthers to fix which will bring our performances up a great deal.  This should make the guys in our division very nervous

I agree with all you said except #2 & #6. Cam will never slide. He mentioned he prefers going down in that awkward dive for whatever reason so I do not see that changing.

He does take a lot of losses but that is what makes Cam special. He gets out of crazy losses and makes spectacular plays which makes him special. If he threw it away when there was pressure he would be like Jimmy Clausen and that drove us mad.

I do think having options on the field will help with that. And please lets not have passing patterns where 3 receiving targets are all going 20 yards down the field when we have 3rd and 1-3.  

I totally haven't read a single word of the OP but Im just guessing that its something about how Cam is not yet an elite QB like Peyton Manning/ Tom Brady, how he hasn't proven anything yet.... and something about the money we're going to pay him.

MESHUGANAH.

How do you know this before he plays one game? :startle:

Plus; Gettleman himself said on the radio this morning,

He did/This is what he said. So what in the hell are you saying and smoking!? :cool:

How do I know? I watch college football.

He's all those things better than Kelvin yet he was drafted in the second round and never came close to Kelvin's production in CF.

Archived