• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

NFL says Pats guilty, and Brady knew

Could anybody see Belichick and Brady being barred from the hall of fame because of cheating? I truly think that would be a justifiable punishment, in addition to both being suspended a year and the team losing a 1st round pick (or more) and being fined $500,000 (should be more but that's the most allowed). The Wells report says there's no evidence of Belichick being aware, but that's irrelevant if you look at precedent because Payton was "unaware" of the bounty sh(t and he got suspended a year. This deflated balls thing has 100% been going on for the past 10 years at least, almost certainly since Belichick got to NE, and that's in addition to the illegal videotaping. Don't see how the league can let them get away with repeated incidents of a blatant disregard for the rules by giving them just a slap on the wrist. Seems like most of the fans (of the other 31 teams) and media think the league should come down hard, and knowing how much Goodell cares about the league's image and PR, I could see it happening.

The more I think about it, 1 year ban for Brady, as well as BB.

I would suspend Kraft 8 games as well, no contact with team what so ever.

Cheating is bad, doing it again is worse, lying to the commish....we have all seen how this plays out.

Here is how I think it happened:

First, New England was at home.  So they knew the camera angles from where the balls were checked to the sideline.  I said this at the time and don't know if it has been said since, but the ball boy went into the bathroom for 90 seconds and re-emerged with the balls.  Many said, "That is not enough time to deflate 18 footballs."  Duh.  They switched the footballs in the bathroom.  I might even suggest that the ceiling tile popped out and there was a bag of footballs waiting to be switched.

The other thing that should be investigated is this:  If everyone seems to know that QBs are particular about their footballs, wouldn't BB have known that the balls were deflated like the ones Brady likes?  Even if he had no knowledge of Brady's involvement,. he would have known after the accusation.  He still denied knowing anything, but some say he "threw Brady under the bus."  I think he knew Brady did it then, but did not disclose that during the press conference.  Did he coach Brady to lie? 

Brady is part of a culture of cheating in Foxboro.  They seem to always be looking to bend or break the rules to gain an unfair advantage.  The eligible WR reporting, the filming of opponents, etc.  I don't doubt they are the kings of tampering.

I suggest that Brady is suspended for six games under the provision that he addresses the media for the purpose of full disclosure and ownership of his role in the process.  A refusal to do so, or any fabrications during that conference will result in the suspension being extended to 8 games.   The NFL will not do this--they do not want to publicly tarnish the shield by having the league's golden boy exposed on television, but that would make for an interesting consequence.  He needs to take the responsibility for this and not have the ball boys fall on the sword for him. 

I also suggest that the Patriots forfeit their voice and vote on the rules committee for 3 years. 

Can you imagine the poo storm if this was Cam instead of Brady?

On all the National news programs, Brady deflating footballs is the lead story at the moment right behind the tornadoes that destroyed much of the Midwest yesterday. It's on CNN, World Evening News last night, Good Morning America, even Entertainment Tonight, etc.

Turn on any sports talk radio right now and all they are talking about is Brady deflating footballs.

Seems like a sh*t storm to me and honestly if it was Cam, it wouldn't be near the National story that transcends sports that it is now.  

Plus as mentioned - ball boys for the Panthers were heating the balls up to soften them for Cam during the Vikings game which is illegal but it was a total non story which it should be. The Vikings were doing it as well.   

Brady, the Patriots, their history of winning and stepping over the lines on rules make this story a sh*t storm. 

I think that Brady should get a 6 game suspension. 2 for the actual cheating and 4 for the lying and refusing to cooperate. Hardy got 10 games. 6 games for the DV as per policy and then 4 for the lying and refusing to cooperate or whatever they said. The comparison is not between the actual offense (2 games vs 6 games in this example) but for the lying and refusing to cooperate (4 games for both).

Additionally, I think the Patriots should be fined the max $500K and have some picks taken but I'm unsure what level or amount of picks. I actually believe that Belichick did not know what was going on and I don't think he should be held accountable unless you wanted to make the argument that he's in charge so some of it falls on him. I'm ok with that. I also believe that Kraft had no idea what was going on but the Patriots organization as an organization is not just Kraft. It is everyone he employs. It is obvious that the organization (McNally and Jastremski) was involved and the player (Brady) was involved. Therefore, punishment for both and maybe the head coach if you want to throw that in there.

Will the NFL actually do any of this? I don't know. But, to me, I think this is fair and reasonable.

Everyone upset about the word "probable" should read the word in context. The word describes the burden of proof used during the investigation, which sounds to be proof by a preponderance of the evidence. That is a legal standard much lower than proof beyond a reasonable doubt, and it essentially means "the greater probability of the evidence," i.e. more probable than not.

you get 4 games for using adderall...a drug used to improve your mental focus....

what's the suspension for knowingly deflating balls to fit better in your tiny girly hands?

Sean Payton suspended an entire season even though he swears he knew nothing about bounty gate....Billycheat has already been found guilty once before

this will all get very interesting

Archived