• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers Wide Receiver Depth Chart - OTA Week 2

Jeremy Igo

​that's really the best you can do

"yeah he can run routes and catch at an NFL level but he wouldn't be on any other NFL team so *cut* "

​Okay, you want me to be honest?  He has a potential ceiling of where he is right now.  At least Corey "Philly" Brown can be a damn solid number 3.  His ceiling is much higher, so is Stephen Hill's (although I think the Jets might of ruined him).  That's the difference.  Bersin won't be in the NFL a long time like Cotchery or anything.  So spare me your bull poo about liking the kid.  

• Pie 1

​Okay, you want me to be honest?  He has a potential ceiling of where he is right now.  At least Corey "Philly" Brown can be a damn solid number 3.  His ceiling is much higher, so is Stephen Hill's (although I think the Jets might of ruined him).  That's the difference.  Bersin won't be in the NFL a long time like Cotchery or anything.  So spare me your bull poo about liking the kid.  

​your argument against having him floating around at 5th wide receiver does absolutely nothing for me.  it's more about that than "liking the kid".  by the way you can check the cardinals divisional gameday thread to see how much i love brenton bersin.

who wants bersin to be a number 3?  who thinks he's vaguely threatening to philly brown?  whose reps is he stealing?  yeah i know everybody is in love with track star stephen hill with his stone hands who apparently hasn't been able to catch a cold in practice so far.  if hill with his massive upside can't beat out a guy who looks like he should be playing guitar in a whitesnake cover band then maybe that's his problem.  have you considered that?

• Pie 2

yeah i know everybody is in love with track star stephen hill with his stone hands who apparently hasn't been able to catch a cold in practice so far.  if hill with his massive upside can't beat out a guy who looks like he should be playing guitar in a whitesnake cover band then maybe that's his problem.  have you considered that?

​Umm, where are the reports saying Hill has had stone hands in OTA's I've heard good reports on him. The reports on Boykin and some other the others haven't been as good however. 

1-Benjamin

2-Funchess

3/4-Ginn/Brown (not sure who wins here yet)

5-Cotchery/Bersin (I think vet presence wins this battle)

6-Hill (if we keep 6 receivers)

• Pie 1

​your argument against having him floating around at 5th wide receiver does absolutely nothing for me.  it's more about that than "liking the kid".  by the way you can check the cardinals divisional gameday thread to see how much i love brenton bersin.

who wants bersin to be a number 3?  who thinks he's vaguely threatening to philly brown?  whose reps is he stealing?  yeah i know everybody is in love with track star stephen hill with his stone hands who apparently hasn't been able to catch a cold in practice so far.  if hill with his massive upside can't beat out a guy who looks like he should be playing guitar in a whitesnake cover band then maybe that's his problem.  have you considered that?

​You did see the part where I said I think the Jets ruined him right?  Out of a number 5 or 4 receiver I want someone that has some kind of potential to tun into a number 3 at least.  Bersin doesn't have that.  But whatever.  

I'm good with Bersin.. just no bubble screens to him, no having him be the only weapon on the field in a critical moment in a playoff game, and (hopefully) no punt returns. If they keep him around as a third down/possession receiver, he'll be fine. So it's more on the coaches not putting him in those situations

• Pie 4

I want someone that has some kind of potential to tun into a number 3 at least.  Bersin doesn't have that.  But whatever.  

​This is my stance on the 4th-6th spots as well. With Benjamin, Funchess, Olsen, Dickson, Ginn, Brown and the backs all being involved in the passing games, barring injury guys 4-6 on the depth chart won't see that much action. 

With that being said those last spots IMO are for developing future contributors, so to me potential ceiling should trump a ''solid'' guy. I'm not saying Hill is the next anything, I just think his future could be brighter. You can find possession receivers across the board. However Hills raw abilities are much harder to come by. 

If we kept Bersin around 3 years on the PS before he played, who's to think we wouldn't let Hill occupy the 5th or 6th spot to continue his development... 

• Pie 1

​Umm, where are the reports saying Hill has had stone hands in OTA's I've heard good reports on him. The reports on Boykin and some other the others haven't been as good however. 

1-Benjamin

2-Funchess

3/4-Ginn/Brown (not sure who wins here yet)

5-Cotchery/Bersin (I think vet presence wins this battle)

6-Hill (if we keep 6 receivers)

​he had some bad drops according to jeremy's recent updates.  voth's daily video a few days ago showed him dropping balls that hit him in the chest.

if a guy can't catch then he's toast and his spot on the depth chart will go to someone who can, "upside" be damned.