• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Your childhood NBA team?

Jeremy Igo

Loved the Hornets. I used to listen to the games at night on the radio in my room.  When they left they took my love for the NBA with them. 

However my Jamz  team was the spurs with Robinson and Elliott 

Solid Jamz squad.

Karl Malone and John Stockon were legit too

I didn't really get into basketball until the late 1990s to early 2000s, but around that time my favourite two teams were the Orlando Magic (Tracy McGrady was awesome to watch) and the Sacramento Kings (Chris Webber and Vlad Divac were pretty dominant).

My main team is the Panthers, so I've come to adopt the other teams in the area. So I'm now a Hornets fan because of that, but to be honest, I don't remember much of the Hornets' original run, and the Bobcats era was truly forgettable. 

I remember around 1979ish, 5th or 6th grade, i found a TV station on my antenna, no cable,  showing a Cleveland Cavalier game. I can't remember who it was against but I liked their uniforms. I cheered for them through the Mark Price years then kind of lost interest in NBA until the Hornets came around the first time.

80s kid soooo HORNETS!!!!!!!! Went to their last game as the Hornets. Was happy when the Bobcats brought basketball back to Charlotte. Didn't care about the name and I supported the team. Name changed happened and I loved it even more because of nostalgia. Now, I just want a winner for the team I've been supporting forever!

Since there are a few NBA Jam posts...

Jazz with Malone/Stockton/Hornacek for 3's

Spurs with the Admiral and Elliot (Panthro's squad)...add Rodman for the hair

Hornets with any combo

Bulls with Pippen/Kukoc just because

Magic with Penny/Nick Anderson

Kings with Mitch Richmond and Spud

Sonics with Kemp/Payton/Schremph...sneakily one of the best teams because Payton's defense and Detlef's 3's. 

Hornets since I moved to Charlotte in 1989.  90's was a good era for lots of awesome basketball, and I enjoyed the sport a lot more back then.  I like a few teams in the 90's Bulls, Magic, Suns, etc.  Did not pull for any of them when they played the Hornets though.

Hornets- my best friend bought me a hornets hat for Christmas, which was weird now that I think about it because I'm from Maryland. I fell in love with the logo/mascot and then I learned about Bogues. I'm 5'8 now, but was always one of the shortest kids in my class growing up- so I loved Mugsy.

Archived