• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Do you even lift?

Darth Biscuit

I didn't even notice the bar. I would think that would work the forearms pretty good too. I wonder if that makes it harder or easier than standard bench press? Looks harder. Plus, it looks like he's on an incline.

Possibly slightly harder as it forces your triceps into the movement more, which is actually how you should do bench, except that the grip on that bar is obviously different.  That grip is going to allow you to squeeze your pecs more at the top similar to a dumbbell press.

I didn't even notice the bar. I would think that would work the forearms pretty good too. I wonder if that makes it harder or easier than standard bench press? Looks harder. Plus, it looks like he's on an incline.

depends on your areas of strength but tipically harder because you are taking out your chest for the most part and isolating your tricepts.  Basically same thing as close grip bench press.

I would like to know this too...  I'd love to lift with some of these guys and see if I can hang.

That thing Luke's doing has got to be working triceps as much as chest... and I've never seen a bar like that before.  I want one now.

It's a neutral grip bar, it's meant to take the shoulders (mainly rear delts) out of the equation and isolate the chest and tris.  It's  a life saver for those will impingement problems in their shoulders.

It's a neutral grip bar, it's meant to take the shoulders (mainly rear delts) out of the equation and isolate the chest and tris.  It's  a life saver for those will impingement problems in their shoulders.

Which is why I need/want one... my shoulders suck, already had one cut...

That grip works the chest more that the front delts. Kind of mimics dumbbell press. Also it's incline which is always less weight than flat or decline. But he has to be on the front or end of a pyramid because that isn't a lot of weight at all for someone of his build

If you don't have a bar like that you can either do dumbbell press or do a reverse grip flat bar bench. On the reverse grip you have to drop the weight way back. I would start with less than half what you do on normal bench just to get the feel for it.

Archived