• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Top 5 things to watch against Buffalo

Jeremy Igo

Besides the 6th WR, I also want to see what Funchess looks like in his first real NFL action. I've heard he isn't picking things us as quickly as KB last year and my expectations were pretty high from the beginning. Hopefully he will get plenty of playing time and can show us he is making some progress.

• Pie 1

There is a pretty big difference between being a QB coach, versus actually calling plays, and overseeing a whole offense.

Some of the Shula hate is unwarranted. But when it's met with responses like "well why does Cam get a pass!?", that's even more ridiculous. Anyone who has read these boards the last 4 years knows that Newton has certainly not gotten a pass overall. We've finally just begun to clean this place up actually.

in the media Cam doesn't get a pass but around here the hypocrisy between how Can is treated versus Shuls really is ridiculous.

in the media Cam doesn't get a pass but around here the hypocrisy between how Can is treated versus Shuls really is ridiculous.

Look p55, you're an intelligent, and informed poster here.

I've already stated that some of the Shula hate is unwarranted. But you're not going to be able to sit there, and act as if he is literally public enemy #1 in our fan base, while at the same time pretending like literally every fan has been behind our quarterback 100% all this time. It just isn't true.

Cam Newton is our franchise quarterback. Now, you are welcome to join the rest of us whenever you are ready.

Edited by TheRed

Look p55, you're an intelligent, and informed poster here.

I've already stated that some of the Shula hate is unwarranted. But you're not going to be able to sit there, and act as if he is literally public enemy #1 in our fan base, while at the same time pretending like literally every fan has been behind our quarterback 100% all this time. It just isn't true.

Cam Newton is our franchise quarterback. Now, you are welcome to join the rest of us whenever you are ready.

Last night, the first 2 passes Tom Brady threw in preseason sailed well over his intended receivers heads.

I wonder if the Patriot message boards immediately leaped into action criticizing Brady's propensity to throw his passes too high?

Here are my top 5 things I will be watching closely during the Panthers vs Bills preseason game.

Number 6. Buffalo Women

hideousfathickwoman.jpg

Dam!!! She HOTT!!! I bet she could put a hurtin' on ya! Imagine that sittin' on your face!! Not only would ya suffocate, you'd never see the light of day again!! That got me toe up from the flow up! She really put the buffalo in the bills!

• Pie 1

Execution falls on the players. 

If it were only that black and white. 

Execution falls under preparedness. 

Preparedness is a joint effort between coaches and players. 

If you don't think an amazing coach can increase the quality of execution of his players, you haven't watched much football. 

• Pie 9

If it were only that black and white. 

Execution falls under preparedness. 

Preparedness is a joint effort between coaches and players. 

If you don't think an amazing coach can increase the quality of execution of his players, you haven't watched much football. 

This is basically what I was getting at. Surprised by the defense of Shula in here.  Do people think Cam is calling go routes on third and one or bubble screens to bersin? 

• Pie 1

It's hard to execute when you know it's not gonna work

This is such an interesting statement.  At first I  thought, this is ridiculous, but in reality it makes sense.  Yes, execution shouldn't involve whether you think it will work but it definitely affects it.  Imagine if your boss gives you a project that you think is doomed to fail miserably and in the process make you look stupid and incompetent...would you give it 100%?

I'm not giving these guys a pass becaus ultimately, even for the worker in my scenario it is the wrong thought process, but hey, we are all human.  This may be more of a reason that we give credit, stagnant offenses are generally that way because of poor execution.  But in a classic chicken or egg situation, which comes first?  The terrible play call or lack of conviction from the ones executing it?

• Pie 1