• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

99 and 93 in pass rush - Video

Jeremy Igo

RT is lucky to not have messed his knee up there.

I really like that we can move Short around.  We should run some sort of package that is the opposite of the "NASCAR" package. Charles, Star, Love, Short Instead of 4 speedy DEs, we will just bludgeon them with power.

The "Monster Truck" package

It's not even close to 2013 right now. Even if Ealy starts playing 5x as good as he has so far it still wouldn't be close. 

I 100% agree.  Lets not forget that the Texans O-line was missing their starting LT and had another tackle go down for injury.  Our D-line is playing well, but not 2013 well, in fact not even close.  in 2013 our D-line made our DB's look decent, this year, our DB's are making our D-line look good.  Not on this play obviously, but we're seeing pressure get to QB's because our Corners are covering their receivers for longer periods of time than we did in the past few seasons.

It's not even close to 2013 right now. Even if Ealy starts playing 5x as good as he has so far it still wouldn't be close. 

True statement.  Even though our overall defense might be about as good b/c of Norman and Coleman in the secondary, the D-Line is not what is was in 2013 b/c we don't have another bookend like Hardy was.

We have 2 consistently above average D-lineman (CJ & Short).  Star has shown flashes of being above average but that's it.  KK Short if the only player right now who shows flashes of being elite.  Hardy played at an elite level for a lot of 2013.  We miss that no doubt.

Still, Norman is way better than any corner we had in 2013, and having him with Bene & Tillman is not a bad group.  Coleman brings the attitude of Mitchell w/o the stupid penalties. Our LB group is even better (especially depth wise) than 2013.

I like our defense a lot, and Ealy has still not hit his ceiling.  But the pass rush we had in 2013 was something special, and even though I think this defense can be just as effective as the 2013 group, I don't think this group has the talent to match it.  Losing Alexander certainly wasn't devastating, but his ceiling is a lot higher than Wes Horton.

Archived