• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

good win, but can we talk about how the defense shat the bed and there was no adjustments?

Sean Payton's Vicodin

We are winning despite so much nonsense...

Shula(even tho today he did a damn good job  but the usual Shula)

Rivera isn't exactly mr braniac...he makes decisions and does things stupid coaches don't do so...I dunno what to say about him anymore. 

Imagine if this team was healthy and had someone like Payton calling plays for Cam...look what he did with some Luke McKown...seriously if he gets fired I'd love for him to be our OC.

I dont think we really felt threatened by the intermediate to deep field and were content to let them have the underneath passing game. If it werent for some absolutely abominable officiating calls, i really dont think it would have seemed so dangerous. 

pass rush does need to be better when the opportunities arise.

We are horrible playing zone...but with no pass rush, we do not have much of a choice.  It will help when Luke comes back, because he will make plays on a lot of those short routes across the middle.  But the bottom line is we need to generate some sort of pass rush if our defense is going to be successful.

I wouldn't panic yet since this is the first game of 3 that the defense really looked lost.  The D played well and kept us in the first two games.  Heck, they even played great the 2nd half with the exception of that last TD.  Remember...The saints were up 10-0 early in the first quarter...and only scored 1 offensive touchdown the rest of the game. The other score was a punt return.   

I dont think we really felt threatened by the intermediate to deep field and were content to let them have the underneath passing game. If it werent for some absolutely abominable officiating calls, i really dont think it would have seemed so dangerous. 

pass rush does need to be better when the opportunities arise.

Finally. Someone who gets it. You're an idiot if you call blitzes against whatever modified WCO they were running with all those slants and hot routes. McCown managed the game with precision. Sometimes it's less about what you do and more about what they do. In the passing game, McCown did a great job exploiting our linebacking unit without Luke lurking in the middle. It was a perfect gameplan and the pass rushing had little to do with it. You can't get your hands on a guy if he gets it out quick because he's happy to take the 3 or 4 yards you give him. When a guy is that dialed in, it doesn't matter what you do. 

Finally. Someone who gets it. You're an idiot if you call blitzes against whatever modified WCO they were running with all those slants and hot routes. McCown managed the game with precision. Sometimes it's less about what you do and more about what they do. In the passing game, McCown did a great job exploiting our linebacking unit without Luke lurking in the middle. It was a perfect gameplan and the pass rushing had little to do with it. You can't get your hands on a guy if he gets it out quick because he's happy to take the 3 or 4 yards you give him. When a guy is that dialed in, it doesn't matter what you do. 

It was more than that, though. There were countless missed tackles that led to extra yards.

Archived