• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

About that Jameis touchdown pass...

Jeremy Igo

Great picture, really surprised there are not more.  

One of the plays that concerned me the most was the Ted Ginn TD grab that was ruled a touchdown by the line judge that was literally in the best position possible to make the call.  But the back judge came running over to overrule him.  Apparently the line judge was one of the 22 new refs this year according to broadcast crew.  WTF? 

If you don't trust the new guys to make the right call then don't have them on the field!  We had to use a challenge to get that call, which, with the way that game was called, losing a challenge could have been a huge game-changer.  And it wasn't necessary either.  Since all scoring plays are reviewed there was absolutely no reason for that back judge to get involved as it was going to be reviewed anyway.  

I would say that back judge needs to be downgraded but that would probably stick him on the team that works the Panthers game every week with Ronde.

Grabbing a facemask and turning a head doesn't happen on every play. This was a blatant penalty. 

Exactly.  NFL refs are making $173,000 (on average- veteran guys making $200,000+) for part time work.  Most of these guys have other lucrative careers (lawyers, etc.) in addition to their part-time gig on Sunday.  

They've got one job to do- know, interpret, and apply the rules accurately and consistently.  Unacceptable and ridiculous that NFL refs are paid this much and miss so many calls.  Borderline players can lose a job for a blown assignment (and do all the time).  Same standards should apply to refs.  The NFL is a multi-billion dollar enterprise.  

...and it's not just us, I saw several obvious, blatant holds against the Lions last night that allowed Wilson to escape the pocket that weren't called.

At one point two Seahawks were holding a Lions player, one in front and one in back, as he pursued Wilson.

One of the most egregious holds I've seen and it wasn't called.

This is nothing compared to the no-calls coming in Seattle.

No-calls AND the picked up flags like the defensive pass interference on Conte in 2nd quarter. We're on our own 25, 2nd and 10, long bomb to Philly, Conte hanging on tight, one ref throws a flag, others come over and tell him to pick it up. Think it was the same two that called Ginn's TD correctly then screwed it up.

Archived