• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

AFC Wild Card games thread

Mr. Scot

2 minutes ago, KillerKat said:

So there was no penalty against Burfict. Bengals might have been fine if Jones didn't shove. They never called against Burfict.

two flags. 15 on Burfict and 15 on Jones.

2 minutes ago, Pox 08 said:

It was clear that the Burfict hit wasn't intentionally aimed at the head,      He led with the shoulder and at the very last second,  Brown lowered his head and bent over,  so the shoulder of Burfict made contact with the head of Brown.   Should've been flagged,  but I don't believe he was head hunting,   on this play anyway.

The announcers piss me off though,  dude only brought up the Bengals chippy play...   He whitewashed  everything the Steelers did. 

I agree that they glossed over the dirty Steelers hit, but Burficts hit was well after the play and it was head hunting. just dumb on his part.

3 minutes ago, Pox 08 said:

It was clear that the Burfict hit wasn't intentionally aimed at the head,      He led with the shoulder and at the very last second,  Brown lowered his head and bent over,  so the shoulder of Burfict made contact with the head of Brown.   Should've been flagged,  but I don't believe he was head hunting,   on this play anyway.

The announcers piss me off though,  dude only brought up the Bengals chippy play...   He whitewashed  everything the Steelers did. 

Exactly

2 minutes ago, mav1234 said:

Have to imagine Lewis gets fired after this.  The total breakdown in the last minute... 

Hate when refs decide the game like that.  Burfict's hit, fine, but... ffs.

Probably not. No dalton, hill's fumble, burficts stupidity. The coaching was fine from a game planning  standpoint. I thought it was going to be a blowout by the Steelers. 

1 minute ago, MadHatter said:

You are kidding, right?  You can't honestly think that was not a flagrant penalty on burfict

He could not tell if he had the ball.  Lead with the shoulder. How the hell is that a penalty but a Steelers lead with his helmet and not one.  That bullshit. 

Archived