• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Rob Rang's Mock Draft

Jackofalltrades

Posted on the 14th, didn't see it here. Someone else that knows we need an edge rusher.

Carolina Panthers: Emmanuel Ogbah, DE, Oklahoma State
The Panthers could be facing big changes on defense soon with cornerback  Josh Norman  and tackle Kawann Short  set for free agency and defensive end  Charles Johnson 's contract up a year later. Adding depth will be key in this draft. Ogbah lacks elite burst off the snap, but he's long, strong and relentless.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/nfl-draft-scout/25484072/nfl-mock-draft-rams-appeal-to-fan-base-with-californias-jared-goff

Yeah but that guy fails to mention that there is no chance in hell we let KK walk, and probably equally no chance Josh walks at least this year (with the possible exception of us receiving 2 first round picks from someone for him)...so I think the only guy we will be replacing is CJ, which he's been needing a replacement for about 2 years now anyways, so not much of a loss there, honestly...

KK has another year left on his contract. I think Gettleman basically acknowledged that Josh will get the tag. While I wasn't happy with CJ's production, a rookie isn't likely our starter, next year. Do they replace him by platoon (Horton, Addison, etc.) or do we replace him in FA. If it's FA, is it someone mediocre or does Gettleman finally spend big bucks for a free agent? They could roll the dice, eat his big cap number and let play it out. If he wants to play beyond next season, he would be playing for another contract, maybe we catch lightening in a bottle. At least that way, we don't push any money out into 2017.

Norman I have a feeling won' t leave Carolina unless another team offers us 2 1st rounders if we use the non safe tag. I suspect we lock him up with the full lock tag and get a 4/5 year deal done with him next year. KK won't leave either. I can see us drafting a DE 1st or 2nd round and best avalable with the other pick based on who is on the total board 1st round on our board.

6 minutes ago, Riverboat Ron said:

I would have to call my doctor after 4 hours if we got Ogbah. I just don't see it happening though, I think he'll go to the Bucs.

As hacky of a betting site it is, Walterfootball reported that teams see Ogbah in the late first-early second area. They're usually pretty accurate when it comes to reporting things like that.

1 hour ago, Rags said:

As hacky of a betting site it is, Walterfootball reported that teams see Ogbah in the late first-early second area. They're usually pretty accurate when it comes to reporting things like that.

I usually agree with Walter on draft stuff, not sure why teams view him like that unless he has some failed drug tests or character concerns. Reminds me a lot of Michael Bennett and a little of a Justin Tuck. I think it depends on his combine, seems like people question his athletism, if he outperforms expectations I don't see him there at #30.

2 hours ago, Rags said:

In 6 mock drafts (5 rounds) I just played with, Ogbah was available as a 1st round pick for us in at least 2 or 3 of the mocks.  I only ended up picking him in 1 of the 6 drafts (CBS' Board) because in some of the other cases he was not BPA, even though I think DE is our greatest need.  (In other mock drafts where he would have been available I ended up with Elliot Ezekiel (RB) or OT Jack Conklin.)

I was only able to snag emerging Huddle favorite Dodd in 1 of the 6 drafts.

Archived