• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Kyle Love signed to 1 year deal

3 minutes ago, Leeroy Jenkins PhD said:

The one year contracts really work in our favorite in regards to future compensation picks.  

Also, given how deep the draft is at DT this year, it's good not to relegate a new draft pick to years of only spot play... It will help keep the training camp competition hot... About 40% (rough estimate...) of our roster will be in contract years!  It will make for an awful headache for Gman next season, but for THIS coming season.... WATCH OUT!

you know what the definition of insanity is? doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result.  Carolinas pass rush just wasn't there last year.  Carolina basically has the same line as it did last year.  I don't see a rookie being drafted coming in and making it substantially better this year.  We lost Jared Allen. I don't see Ealy as a force consistently.  Carolina needs to bring in a vet DE.

5 minutes ago, chknwing said:

you know what the definition of insanity is? doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result.  Carolinas pass rush just wasn't there last year.  Carolina basically has the same line as it did last year.  I don't see a rookie being drafted coming in and making it substantially better this year.  We lost Jared Allen. I don't see Ealy as a force consistently.  Carolina needs to bring in a vet DE.

Ealy has all the tools, and just needs to put it all together.  I think after that Super Bowl performance, we might see a different Kony this season.  It's now his 3rd season, when DE's typically come into form.  I'm hoping for the best with him.  Also, don't discount CJ.  He was hurt most of the season.  The last couple of games, and the Super Bowl, he looked pretty damn good, as he was closer to "healthy" than he had been all season.  Just gotta hope he stays healthy this year.

I'm so glad Kyle remains on the team. I was really impressed with his approach to managing type II diabetes & the work he's done to stay in shape for football. I was also diagnosed with it 2 years ago (I knew it was coming, my brother's had it for over 10 years).

http://www.sportingnews.com/nfl-news/4646950-kyle-love-carolina-panthers-diabetes-diagnosis-type-ii-nfl-new-england-patriots-chiefs-jaguars-mississippi-state

“I know what I have to do keep the job I love doing. I wouldn’t want to do anything else,” Love said.  “I’ve got to keep focusing on my health, not just for a job, but life. I have three kids now and a wife who loves me — they want to see me be around.

"Every day, I have to think about that, too.”

9 minutes ago, chknwing said:

We literally have the best DTs in football by a long shot.  I want Kraken back more than words but that has nothing to do with this not being a good signing.  We're not done yet.  Still have cap room and many months until September.

Archived