• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Ladies and Gentlemen, Kendall Fuller

Rags

First of all, let me say I'm gonna miss Josh. He was an amazing player and an amazing member of the Panthers and super fum to watch. Idk if he'll come back after testing the market, because lbr no team is gonna give a near 30 year old CB Revised money for 1 1/4th years of elite play, but the way Gettleman worded it in his statement, "We wish him the best in his future endavours." Makes it sound kiiiinda final.

And as the old Gettleman addage goes "Next man up."

I don't think releasing Josh changes our draft plans at all. I think there was always a guy who could've always possibly been on our boards who I'm the second round, would grade out as a first rounder and a BPA.

Kendall Fuller, CB, Virginia Tech

Honestly, the best pure cover corner not named Hargreaves in this draft. And he'd be right up there with him if he wasn't sidelined after 3 games with the Huskies with a Torn Meniscus.

Unlike Jaylon Smith and Myles Jack, the medical checkups on the 5'11 CB has returned great news. He's expected to fully be able to participate by training camp. 

We've recently shown interest in him, the brother of Bears CB Kyle Fuller, was bought in for a visit recently. (http://car.247sports.com/Bolt/Panthers-to-receive-visit-from-Virginia-Tech-CB-Kendall-Fuller-44880154

Onto the player himself, he's an amazing cover corner who can do whatever you ask of him, press, off, zone, whatever you need. He's also a verrrry solid contributor in run support, which is a big positive in our defense.

The biggest thing about him, which I know Gettleman will love, is he's the definition of a ball hawk. 34 deflections and 8 interceptions in 2013 and 14 combined. He's always around the ball and constantly makes plays on it.

Unfortunately, he cannot on double moves, and his recovery can be ehh at times, but he has the ability and talent to be an all-pro corner in the NFL.

I compare him to Joe Haden a bit, smart, athelthic corner who's always gonna be a challenge for a WR.

Will he be able to fill Josh's shoes? Not immediately, no. Josh was playing as a top 3 CB the past year+. He's amazing with his eye discipline and his vertical and recovery were godly.

However, the cold truth is, we have to move on, and I think drafting a player like Fuller will give us the best chance to compete immediately.

I wouldn't be surprised if he fell to us in the second round, or if we trade up for him if CBs fly off the board in the 1st-2nd.

2 minutes ago, heel31ok said:

We don't draft like that...look for more retread dbs...

????????

?????????????

¿¿¿¿¿¿

Have you seen like, any Gentleman draft in the past 3 years.

He's constantly drafting to win now and In the future.

9 hours ago, Rags said:

I wouldn't be surprised if he fell to us in the second round, or if we trade up for him if CBs fly off the board in the 1st-2nd.

In the 14 mocks (8 different boards)  I did as part of my draft availability analysis (see separate thread here in the main forum)

Fuller was picked 71% in the 2nd and 29% of the time in the 3rd.  However, he was not often available to us in the second - only 4 of 14 drafts could we have got him with our pick #62,  Never with pick #93.  If we want him, we'd likely have to reach for him a bit in the 1st, or trade up in the 2nd..

A year ago he looked like he was sure fire top 10 pick but a torn meniscus later, he fell out of favor a bit. I think he is going to be amazing

ANALYSIS

STRENGTHS

Supremely confident and believes he should make the biggest plays on the field. Looks to feast on unsuspecting quarterbacks. Has the feet and twitch to trigger and go when he reads the quarterback's intentions. Takes a direct path to the ball. Ball hawk in the short and intermediate passing game. Logged 34 passes defensed and eight interceptions in 2013 and 2014 combined. Savvy and trusts his instincts. Good coordination from press coverage and can track releases both inside and out. Understands the body game and gets into the chest of receivers while running downfield. Willing tackler who steps downhill and doesnt miss his mark very often.

WEAKNESSES

Lacking desired size and length for the outside spot. Doesn't have the recovery speed to be able to take as many chances on the pro level. Lacks field discipline. Gambler who will get his knot chopped by double moves and pump fakes. Allowed 16.7 yards per completion when he was fully healthy in 2014. Needs to get better at finding the ball when hes beaten over the top. His play style could lead to early penalty issues. Tried to play through a torn meniscus and ended up shutting it down after the first three games of the season.

http://www.nfl.com/draft/2016/profiles/kendall-fuller?id=2555349

Archived