• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Michael Oher Signs 3 Year Extension - $21.6m

bobsfoodbasics

I remember the huddles' collective reaction when we signed Oher. Most wouldn't even give him the chance. 

I was one of the few (not that it matters), that believed Oher could prove to be a great addition. 

He showed last season, that he is more than capable, and earned his new contract. Hus play this season should continue to improve with continuity with the rest of the line. Can't stress how important that is. 

There wasn't a single tackle available at our picks, or free agents that were worth signing, that would have given us better play. 

Solid move, and I'm sure this contract extension was easy to get done compared to Short.

What a fantastic quote in the Panthers.com article about Oher's extension.  15 guys competing to be the 1st one in the building each a.m.?!?!?  YES PLEASE!!!  That says a lot about the team.  Even if Oher is exaggerating just a smidgen.  Even if it's only 9 or 10 guys who try to be the 1st one in.... AWESOME.

Oher takes his job seriously. So seriously in fact, it’s become something teammates will tease him about.

But Oher knows he’s not the only one with a tireless work ethic.

"I’ve always been a hard worker – try to be the first guy in, last one out. But here, I’m competing against 15 other guys just to get here the earliest," Oher said. "I’m used to being the first guy in by far, but 15 guys want to be first, too. I’ve got to get up a little earlier now."

He wouldn’t want it any other way.

http://www.panthers.com/news/article-2/Oher-I-don’t-think-I-could-go-anywhere-else/bf194ee9-c287-4f51-874f-5abf1d1e3bb8

Very fair deal for both sides. Puts him right in the middle of the pack of all Starting LT'S. Some of those players he's getting paid more than are still on team friendly rookie contracts, so that skews it a little but in a good way for  us. 

Plus after enduring the boot camp of having Bell as his starting LT, Cam makes it okay to not have an elite LT, hence allowing us to spend the money elsewhere.

1 hour ago, pantherclaw said:

I remember the huddles' collective reaction when we signed Oher. Most wouldn't even give him the chance. 

I was one of the few (not that it matters), that believed Oher could prove to be a great addition. 

He showed last season, that he is more than capable, and earned his new contract. Hus play this season should continue to improve with continuity with the rest of the line. Can't stress how important that is. 

There wasn't a single tackle available at our picks, or free agents that were worth signing, that would have given us better play. 

Solid move, and I'm sure this contract extension was easy to get done compared to Short.

I was one of the few. It matters. 

Oher came into a brand new scheme filled with a complex running scheme that has so many variables to it. There is NO DOUBT in my mind he will be a better run blocker this year now having a year in the scheme and getting familiar with our players. All I really cared about last year was his pass blocking tbh and he excelled there (except in the superbowl, but so did everybody else).

Get this, we were the #1 running team DESPITE Oher being the worst graded run blocker. Just think when he gets that down. Good signing Getts. For the people that are up in the air about it, it's either him or Foucalt lol

3 hours ago, KB_fan said:

No, he was not 75 on PFF!!

His grade was 75.  He ranked 30th among all tackles.

B/R ranked him 11th at his position.

I'll post details in a minute.   I hate it when folks blindly repeat information spewed on Twitter.

KB thanks for the clarification.  I think he did a great job for the flack he was getting when leaving the Titans. Looks like a steal FA signing last year and now earned an extension.  Great for the Blind Side!  Just adds more fuel to the haters on Gettleman not overly spending in FA and getting a diamond in the rough.

Archived