• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

POLL: Biggest Area of Concern heading into Week 1?

bLACKpANTHER

Biggest Area of Concern heading into Week 1?  

74 members have voted

1. 1. Biggest Area of Concern heading into Week 1?

• O-line Protection
    • D-line Pass Rush
    • Rookie Starting Corners
    • Safety Health/Depth
    • Other.. explain

Honestly, my big area of concern is that our entire offense just looks, I don't know, underwhelming? Passing game for first string looks meh, running game looks uninspired, line play looks mediocre.

I know that it is the pre-season and we aren't going to show much, but between Cam sailing a number of passes, the RBs basically running into the line and falling down and Kelvin moving like he's coming off of a knee injury, I'm a bit worried. Sure hope that it squares up before Denver. If we don't get them back for that last game, it might foretell a short season for us.

I don't know how you can choose anything other than the rookie corners, because they are the biggest unknown.

Depth concerns me, particularly at TE, and that does relate to the possibility of injury, but having two rooks at corner looks like a probability. Learning takes time, but experience is the best teacher. They will be on an island, learning on the job, and that's a little scary to me.

I don't think the season will be like last year. Offense will not be as good, defense will be ok, but will not have the big defensive stops they had last year.  Year will be hard to watch in certain points..Starting next week with Denver (Remmers)  I think Camp will remember Von and make some bad decisions with no help from receivers.

1 hour ago, top dawg said:

I don't know how you can choose anything other than the rookie corners, because they are the biggest unknown.

Depth concerns me, particularly at TE, and that does relate to the possibility of injury, but having two rooks at corner looks like a probability. Learning takes time, but experience is the best teacher. They will be on an island, learning on the job, and that's a little scary to me.

I'd argue that pass rush is the (slightly) bigger concern, as pass rush can cover for mediocre secondary play but much harder for it to be vice versa. If the rush is effective, the young CBs will be masked.

Miller is a concern but also the rookies have a bit of my concern.  I think Bradberry will do well w/DThomas but Emmanuel Sanders could be a problem.  Simian's looked pretty good arm wise.  I know he isn't as mentally evolved as Peyton was but he definitely looks like he can make the throws.

Archived