• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

A pretty cool stat that Newton is going to own this season as well...

Donald LaFell

Newton just broke Delhomme's franchise record for TDs, well he's not very far behind Deangelo's franchise record rushing TDs either. I think that record is 46 TDs. 

Not sure if a player has ever owned both rushing and receiving records for a franchise before. You could say this is because our franchise is so young or because we've never had a truly great RB, and I think it's a valid point. Still, Newton is probably going to finish his career in the same TD territory as many great RBs. Probably around Priest Holmes or Edgerrin James territory. 

By the time Newton finishes his career, the rushing TD franchise record might be his for a long time.

26 minutes ago, Donald LaFell said:

Newton just broke Delhomme's franchise record for TDs, well he's not very far behind Deangelo's franchise record rushing TDs either. I think that record is 44 TDs. 

Not sure if a player has ever owned both rushing and receiving records for a franchise before. You could say this is because our franchise is so young or because we've never had a truly great RB, and I think it's a valid point. Still, Newton is probably going to finish his career in the same TD territory as many great RBs. Probably around Priest Holmes or Edgerrin James territory. 

By the time Newton finishes his career, the rushing TD franchise record might be his for a long time.

Record is 46 by Deangelo Williams

Cam has 44

By the time Cam is done he will likely have enough rushing TD's to where he'd be the franchise leader on more than half the teams in the league.

the more interesting one will be if he also ends up as our leading rusher as well.

I'd say yes easily, but I'm guessing within a few years he'll be running a lot less and be more of a roethlisberger type who scrambles around behind the LOS until he can make a pass.

Archived