• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Gil Brandt: James Bradberry Has the Lowest DB Burn Rate Through 2 Weeks

bobsfoodbasics

4 minutes ago, fieryprophet said:

Cool. What's DB Burn Rate?

Everybody who plays this position gets burned on a fairly regular basis. After all, a “good” burn rate — that is, the percentage of passes thrown in your direction that are successfully completed — is in the low 40s, which is to say, you’re still getting beaten nearly half the time. No other position on the field requires players to be able to forget things as quickly, save for the left tackle spot. Good cornerbacks must have the competitive drive to take each moment as it comes and bounce back after giving up a big gain or touchdown to make a play on the next opportunity.

https://horseshoeheroes.com/2016/06/19/the-perfect-cornerback-would-have-vontae-davis-competitiveness/

18 minutes ago, BountyHunter said:

It took Josh Norman almost 3 years to crack the starting lineup on a consistent basis and get recognition.  Bradberry's getting recognized and receiving national attention for his good play after only 2 games.  Let that sink in.

Glad he's doing well. Him and Norman are separate players, different people. I feel like it's fair to him and to Norman to stop comparing the two from the past and the present. Just because he is doing what he is doing now in our scheme doesn't guarantee he will do better than what Josh did last year after Josh was accustomed to the system (although i would love that outcome). I'll stick to giving Bradberry his due credit and allowing him to show us what type of player he'll be for us each week, without the comparisons. 

Archived