• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Byrd waived

jdpanther5

56 minutes ago, General_Purr said:

He gone.

Even a GM who don't know the guy will look at college tape and see he is a 1% with the footwork and great route runner.

What the fug Carolina Front office.

They need some reasonable youth in there.. not some buzzed cut Wofford trust fund kid but young men that know explosive playmakers when a team needs one.

Yeah lets keep all the replaceable guys.

LMAO at "buzzed cut Wofford trust fund kid."

1 hour ago, General_Purr said:

He gone.

Even a GM who don't know the guy will look at college tape and see he is a 1% with the footwork and great route runner.

What the fug Carolina Front office.

They need some reasonable youth in there.. not some buzzed cut Wofford trust fund kid but young men that know explosive playmakers when a team needs one.

Yeah lets keep all the replaceable guys.

1% guys usually get drafted

I love this place...

Buncha people who have never seen a minute of real practice, never spent a second in a position meeting, and have zero idea of whether or not a player can even remember to take his helmet when he leaves the locker room without someone reminding him think they know better than the people who are actually professionals at this.

Who needs sit-coms?

He gone.

The college tape that left him undrafted? The tape that left him jobless after the Panthers cut him from the practice squad last year?

I don't know, he may catch on somewhere based on how he looked in preseason, but my guess is he'll be back on the practice squad soon.

Sent from my SM-N920V using CarolinaHuddle mobile app

1 hour ago, iamhubby1 said:

If they poach him off our PS, they have to put him on the active roster. Not sure many teams like him that much. He should be back. If they want him back that is.

Which is why I said, and I quote:

If any team in the NFL up to this point had wanted to sign him to their active he'd have been poached off of our PS by now.

16 minutes ago, FootballLivesMatter said:

What's the obsession with wanting to see scrubs play just bc they're either made the last roster spot or on PS?  He sucks he sucks. I don't want to see a scrub anywhere near the field. Sideline is too damn close already. 

Too late. We have scrubs spread out all over the field.

28 minutes ago, tiger7_88 said:

Which is why I said, and I quote:

Ok, I got confused. I saw practice squad and sign, and I got excited.

If you poach someone off a PS, you have to add them to your roster. Since Byrd was on our 53, once we cut him, he is basically a FA. No need to go through waivers. So if anyone wants him, they could put him on their PS, or straight to their 53 if they are desperate enough.

I was right. Just not about what you were saying.

Or do I have that wrong as well? Something sounds off to me. But that is pretty much a common theme for me.

Meh I feel indifferent to this move, it's not like he's a pro bowl player.

The one thing I've noticed is people in this forum like preaching about how we are taking the steelers approach in building a team, yet the steelers have the fastest receiving core in the NFL while we have the slowest.

Archived