• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Beason tells Newton to stop being childish

Mr. Scot

27 minutes ago, TheRed said:

This narrative about his sideline behavior has proven to be complete nonsense already. I'm not even going to bother with that.

Being pissed doesn't really have anything to do with winning. You can be pissed off all game, but if you allow it to consume you, it doesn't matter, and you'll still lose.

As far as whether or not he "wants to win", if that's even remotely in question to you at this point in his career while he literally does flips over defensive lines on his way into the end zone, either you are simply trolling, or delusional.

I can't speak for your "buddies", but his teammates have repeatedly publicly backed him. Especially Greg Olsen, who has often talked at length about just what witnessing Newton leave it all on the field for even just a few yards to keep drives alive does for his teammates.

Just so its clear:  There is no qb in the NFL I would rather have. I love the way he plays the game and is always smiling, love it.  I'm also 1000% more frustrated with coaching and management decisions and can understand why he acts the way he does.  

That said, I don't question one bit whether he wants to win.  I don't think any real panthers fan who watch the game question that.   His sideline behavior is just a bit childish for me and thats a personal opinion.  I think part of that might be because before the NFL he dominated games since age 7.   TBH, I don't think Tom Brady/aaron rodgers would handle it any better if he they had an inept franchise that doesn't do their job.  I actually give Cam props considering what he has to go through.

i don't think a lot of people realize that the ones who aren't criticizing cam regarding his press conference conduct don't think he's infallible. we just don't think it's a good enough reason to look down on him. like if cam got caught pleasuring himself in the stadium concourse you wouldn't see any of us sticking up for him.

plus that argument just sounds like you're criticizing him for the sake of criticizing him which is pretty stupid and unnecessary.

Wondering how many people here saw the kind of fits that Dan Marino used to throw in the middle of a game.

I honestly don't care that much about press conferences. There are a lot of people that do, and when you do something like what Cam did, you'll draw the ire of those people.

Similar feeling about celebrations. They don't bother me, but they will bother somebody. You just have to realize that if you're going to do them.

5 minutes ago, Mvp2014 said:

Just so its clear:  There is no qb in the NFL I would rather have. I love the way he plays the game and is always smiling, love it.  I'm also 1000% more frustrated with coaching and management decisions and can understand why he acts the way he does.  

That said, I don't question one bit whether he wants to win.  I don't think any real panthers fan who watch the game question that.   His sideline behavior is just a bit childish for me and thats a personal opinion.  I think part of that might be because before the NFL he dominated games since age 7.   TBH, I don't think Tom Brady/aaron rodgers would handle it any better if he they had an inept franchise that doesn't do their job.  I actually give Cam props considering what he has to go through.

What it really boils down to is different fans have different ideas of what "leadership" from a QB should look like. Often it unfortunately leads to a complete clusterfug of nonsensical meaningless pettiness that has zero effect on whether the team wins or loses. Some fans are capable of putting things in a reasonable perspective, and understand that it isn't a simple one size fits all situation. Others are just curmudgeons that want to shoehorn the QB into whatever generic boring stereotype that prevents them from having to think about anything deep beyond the "You play football the way I like, me drink!!" neanderthal mentality.

Just now, TheRed said:

What it really boils down to is different fans have different ideas of what "leadership" from a QB should look like. Often it unfortunately leads to a complete clusterfug of nonsensical meaningless pettiness that has zero effect on whether the team wins or loses. Some fans are capable of putting things in a reasonable perspective, and understand that it isn't a simple one size fits all situation. Others are just curmudgeons that want to shoehorn the QB into whatever generic boring stereotype that prevents them from having to think about anything deep beyond the "You play football the way I like, me drink!!" neanderthal mentality.

I think its super touchy with our team because our coaches are weak and Cam IS our franchise. You could literally take any 2 people off the roster and it still wouldn't be as bad as losing Cam.  

IMO with our dynamic you need STRONG coaches that exude leadership and dont fug up and fall in love with mediocre players.  Its a really bad look in the lockerroom to let go of several very important vets, not replace them, and then re-sign the poo show that LOST US THE SUPERBOWL.      

8 minutes ago, TheRed said:

Or they hold him in a Messianic light: infallible, untouchable and without reproach. 

7 minutes ago, raleigh-panther said:

People will put up with s lot of childish with  wins

they won't with losses 

until JR says enough, Newton will not change 

Why would you say enough? You can legitimately contend for rings with Newton.....if you field a decent overall team around him.  

What JR needs to say enough of....is GMs that can't field consistently decent overall teams (not even talking good)

14 minutes ago, raleigh-panther said:

People will put up with s lot of childish with  wins

they won't with losses 

until JR says enough, Newton will not change 

I wish JR would say "enough" to fielding a team that can't record back-to-back winning seasons. Let's start with that first, then work our way dooooown to fixing Cam.

Lol.

Archived