• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Are The 2-5 Panthers The Biggest NFC Threat?

Saca312

1 hour ago, Saca312 said:

So, I came across an article recently, mentioning the Panthers as the biggest NFC threat (took long enough):

http://ftw.usatoday.com/2016/10/nfl-carolina-panthers-arizona-cardinals-cam-newton

What do you guys think? If we repeat our Sunday performance, are we really the most complete team to watch out for in the NFC?

ONE GAME. We have won two games now against a 1-6 team and a 3-4-1 team. We were blasted by the Saints and the Falcons. What would anyone possible think we are ready to talk playoffs for? 

I enjoyed the win, but I'm not quite yet a believer. We sacked Palmer 8 times and we were hitting him and pressuring him all game long. He still threw for over 350 yards and 3 TDs. The secondary got tons of help from the pass rush and still got carved up. We're not getting 8 sacks every week. Maybe when Bradberry returns we can be decent enough in the back end to consistently compete.

First off I'm taking full credit for the Arizona win. I told you guys I've never been to a loss. 

we have to get back into the wildcard hunt before I say so but if I was another team I wouldn't want to see us in the playoffs. Our best is simply better than most of the NFC. 

That being said- we've seen our worst too.

Long season from here, let's look:

@stl

chiefs

saints 

@raiders

Whew...the road to 5-5 isn't that easy. I do think we can win all of those games, but make no mistake. Chiefs at home and Raiders away will be tough games. Would realllly like if we could have stolen the TB and/or Den game to give us some breathing room, but let's face it: we basically need to hit a hot streak to be competitive and a hot streak doesn't mean going 2-2 through these games. Need to go 4-0 here. 

Last five:

@Sea 

Chargers

@Was

Atla

@TB

We're likely losing one of these games. That's a pretty tough schedule. At Seattle is ALWAYS tough and the hawks are no slouch this year- they're probably #1 or #2 in the NFC this year. Chargers can score on ANYONE- hopefully our secondary is gelling by then. Washington is a winnable game but the skins have been wonky this year- barely eeking out wins. Atlanta at home I suspect we give them an absolute dogfight even if we're out of playoff contention. 

TB away might be for the final wildcard spot. Hopefully we don't have to rely on Derek "sometimes Buc fuger" Anderson again. 

Until the secondary proves they can consistently stop an offense from getting first downs and TDs (one 2pt conv does not count), there is no serious shot at a winning record.

The best shot with this secondary is a healthy Cam, Stewart, Kalil, and Olsen putting up 30+ points per game.

Coincidence that the 2 wins were 30 points or more?

We might be. We need another consistent win at LA and after that we need the fans rocking at BOA for the next 2 home games.

Being crying all day long on internet Will NOT help our team! We need to play together.

And please, don't come with the BS talking that the team "makes me don't wanna go to the game". Real fans show up at the Hard times!

Keep Pounding

Archived