• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Dean Blandino: Officials That Miss Calls Will Be Downgraded; May Miss Postseason Assignments

Saca312

26 minutes ago, RoaringRiot said:

Can you imagine if Cam calls out the refs, they make a statement like this, and then the same poo goes on? No way, man... as dumb as the NFL is at times that would be up towards the top.

Has the NFL actually said anything? They leaked their own stats and had them pushed, this announcement is basically in line with the norm of the past when refs are bashed that they are graded.

4 minutes ago, CRA said:

Has the NFL actually said anything? They leaked their own stats and had them pushed, this announcement is basically in line with the norm of the past when refs are bashed that they are graded.

No, I was just referring to this. But I do remember something like this happening before, so you're probably right. 

2 hours ago, Saca312 said:

In light of the Cam Newton recent controversy, Dean Blandino made it clear officials that miss calls will be penalized. 

Ladies and gentleman, you know what this means, right?

Now the officials are going to be even MORE pissed at Cam.

Cam is fugged. :(

1 hour ago, tiger7_88 said:

Ladies and gentleman, you know what this means, right?

Now the officials are going to be even MORE pissed at Cam.

Cam is fugged. :(

On one hand I agree. Then on the other, I feel like he will get a couple more calls because they've seen Cam is not afraid to go straight to the top and I'm positive Roger Godell doesn't want to keep having these conference calls with Cam. 

It's been like that for years. Nothing ever happens to officials. Worst case they don't get to do postseason games. It's not like they get fired. It's like being horrible at your job with no chance of getting fired, at worst you don't get your Christmas bonus. 

1 hour ago, Montsta said:

It's been like that for years. Nothing ever happens to officials. Worst case they don't get to do postseason games. It's not like they get fired. It's like being horrible at your job with no chance of getting fired, at worst you don't get your Christmas bonus. 

I hate the "All Star" way they create postseason officiating crews anyway.

Reward them or punish them as a unit.

Archived