• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Legal Hit? YOU Be The Judge

Saca312

7 hours ago, Jeremy Igo said:

Here is the rule. To me it was a forcible hit to the head. Untitled-1.jpg

Here's the thing how I know the refs are doing (or not doing, as it were) this poo on purpose:

The refs White Knight, Mike Pereira, in a video he posted on Twitter, defended this because he hit Cam's helmet "head up with his facemask".

And, as Igo proves above, thats just as illegal as any other helmet-to-helmet hit in the pocket.

7 hours ago, Manos said:

The real issue to me is that he left his feet to hit Cam like that. It was completely intentional. There was absolutely no excuse for him to do that unless his intention is to hit Cam in the head. How the fug the refs didn't see that just baffles me.

Sent from my XT1254 using CarolinaHuddle mobile app

Shorter players HAVE to leave their feet for their helmets to hit a 6-5 players helmet.

Thats science.

5 hours ago, Rook35200 said:

I think it's a clean hit, however Brady would have gotten that call. It's a shame smh

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using CarolinaHuddle mobile app

This.

Knowing that Brady and 4-5 other QBs in the league would have gotten the call is enough to tell me Cam or any other QB should have gotten the call.

There was enough there to call something, whether it was helmet to helmet (regardless of shoulder-led or shoulder first, the fact is it was helmet to helmet) and there was an obvious forearm to head-neck area.

Ya'll know how i feel about how Cam's been treated, and I'm quick to jump on any potential illegal hit...  the Barron hit I had some pause on because I felt you could reason that thr helmet contact was incidental.  BUT, then i remembered, in the pocket, the rules state that there can't be ANY contact made to the head of a qb, incidental or not.  So, regardless of whether the helmet contact was incidental, it was illegal, and additionally, he also led and delivered a blow with his forearm to Cam's head.  I've seen defenders get flagged for slapping a QB's head in passing. 

I also think Donald's first hit on Cam was unintentional,but also illegal as he hit Cam below the knees.

Donald's second sack on Cam also appeared illegal, as he picked up, "speared" and drove Cam through the ground with helmet to helmet contact.

But, idk, although it was frustrating to watch, I felt like Cam was okay with it.  I really hope we start getting more calls, even iffy ones to balance things out and make defenses back off.

SN: Barron is a bitch who got knocked out as a rookie by a teammate for taking his seat.  So, lol...

Just had the radio on mike and mike while i took my daughter to the bus stop...  both mikes and louis riddick all unanimouslu said the barron hit and the last donald sack were completely illegal by today's rules and should have been called.  Said they were shocked after the amount of attention Cam had gotten over the last week in taking illegal hits and having just talked to Goodell, that these hits still took place and werent called.

They said in their jobs, watching all the other games out there, that hits far less than that draw penalties in every other game but ours.  They said now he's brought attention to it, talked to goodell, and we STILL didnt get the calls that every other qb gets, they asked what else does cam have to do to get those same calls?

Riddick said he didnt want to go down that road of questioning the refs motives or integrity, but said ever since Cam started publicly questioning the refs and Hochuli in particular, he has been allowed to take those hits other qbs dont.

This is making me angry all over again.

3 minutes ago, Proudiddy said:

Just had the radio on mike and mike while i took my daughter to the bus stop...  both mikes and louis riddick all unanimouslu said the barron hit and the last donald sack were completely illegal by today's rules and should have been called.  Said they were shocked after the amount of attention Cam had gotten over the last week in taking illegal hits and having just talked to Goodell, that these hits still took place and werent called.

They said in their jobs, watching all the other games out there, that hits far less than that draw penalties in every other game but ours.  They said now he's brought attention to it, talked to goodell, and we STILL didnt get the calls that every other qb gets, they asked what else does cam have to do to get those same calls?

Riddick said he didnt want to go down that road of questioning the refs motoves or integrity, but said ever since Cam started publicly questioning the refs and Hochuli in particular, he has been allowed to take those hits other qbs dont.

This is making me angry all over again.

At least they're saying exactly what we're saying now. And in the public eye.

The refs are still mad at Jerry because he was on the wrong side of the labor agreement with the refs and on top of that Cam questions the referee mob boss and tells the world what he actually said on the field.

The hits Sunday were Von Milleresque and very much illegal but since refs dislike Cam and JR it's OK?!? I'm glad the media is picking this up. It further shows the NFL has no integrity

Archived