• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Bradberry VS Norman - Similar Play, Different Results

Saca312

9 hours ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Really impressed with Worley's development. That guy looked lost early on. I was damn near ready to write him off. No way to sugarcoat it, he looked BAD. But, he's definitely showing promise in the second half of the season.

Yet the national narrative is, and will be, how bad the panthers' cbs are without Norman. I was listening to fantasy football radio on XM this morning and the AM host was actually giving both Worley and Bradberry props, saying how both are looking good and are proving that Norman was replaceable.

Kind of sad that random fantasy football analyst on an obscure XM channel has better CB analysis than any of the major news/sports networks.

3 minutes ago, imminent rogaine said:

Yet the national narrative is, and will be, how bad the panthers' cbs are without Norman. I was listening to fantasy football radio on XM this morning and the AM host was actually giving both Worley and Bradberry props, saying how both are looking good and are proving that Norman was replaceable.

Kind of sad that random fantasy football analyst on an obscure XM channel has better CB analysis than any of the major news/sports networks.

If they are good at fantasy analysis and good enough to be paid for their opinion it would be uncovered in their match up analysis for projections. The major guys don't need to have good content but just look like they do.

I don't get the need to compare.  2016 Bradyberry isn't as good of a DB as 2016 Norman.  He just isn't.  Not suppose to be.  Doesn't matter what PFF grades say.  Bradyberry is developing VERY nicely though.  This need to have been seen as better than Norman is a waste of energy.

20 minutes ago, CRA said:

I don't get the need to compare.  2016 Bradyberry isn't as good of a DB as 2016 Norman.  He just isn't.  Not suppose to be.  Doesn't matter what PFF grades say.  Bradyberry is developing VERY nicely though.  This need to have been seen as better than Norman is a waste of energy.

You're acting like I'm saying Bradberry is better than Norman.

I'm saying Bradberry is showing potential real early. He's making flashes some elite CBs don't make. We will be just fine with him and Worley soon.

This post isn't trying to dog much on Norman, because obviously if Norman was here we'd be much better, but show Bradberry's flashes and how much of an elite cb he could be soon.

I agree with a lot of what's in here.  Besides Snake. lmfao.

Anyway.  Since Norman is gone unfortunately, Bradberry does show a lot that we can look forward to, and his performance should from this point forward be on his own merit.  We can't bring Josh into every Bradberry argument but we did just play his team so I kinda get it.    I do miss Josh but I'll be honest, looking ahead Bradberry softens the blow a bit and I picked Worley to be a stud on this D (he made me wrong as hell initially) but he's been improving as of late.  I support our new guys and their development and hope we can start talking about Bradberry and/or Worley in those conversations..  

These guys are rookies and yes they are coming along. I don’t see a need at comparing the 2. Bradberry may become better than Norman... Some people are trying to justify Gmans choice in letting Norman go...There is no justification because the picks he made he still could have made with Norman here.  And yes we would have been in playoff contentions if we had norman...All these close games we probably would have won at least 3 if not all if Norman was still a panther.

The money he saved he didn't even use to get talent to help the team..These players were wanting to go to SB this year and win for the veterans that are on the team....Not wait 2 to 3yrs but win now..We had it but one stop by the defense in all those games would have made a difference Norman would have made a difference. This is why I dislike the decision Gman made .It makes no sense. Does he not know how hard it is to even make the playoffs yet alone the SB...Gman owes all the veterans who took pay cuts to stay here an apology because he did not understand the importance of now....looking into the future is good, but you can not simply ignore the present. I like the CBs we have. I just do not know how much longer our current stars will hold up ..just look at the injuries..luke, cam, cj, td, these are our difference makers.

15 hours ago, CLG said:

There are plenty of plays Bradberry didn't make that Norman would have made especially dating back to the beginning of the season. This is getting super old. i get it.. people still talk about this, but it's getting old. Bradberry is promising and despite how little people give Worley props, he is too. Norman and these rookie CB's have two different introductions to the game, to the team, two different situations. Norman did what he could in his circumstances here and so are these guys (the red haired step child Worley, also). I respect them both without this..but I guess some need these type of points to quit b**ching about our rookie CB's progressing well and performing decent from a small school and a lesser division in College Football. . 

So there are plenty of plays that a rookie just getting started in the NFL didn't make in his first ever professional games that a seasoned veteran could have...

Okay.

I fail to see why people shouldn't be happy and celebrate our young corners progressing.  That's not "getting old" to me in the least.

Yup, just because it wasn't Norman's responsibility doesn't mean he couldn't or shouldn't have made a play on the ball to Ginn. 

Bradberry's understanding of the game is already equal or greater than Norman's and light years ahead of where Norman was as a rookie. Combine that with the fact that Bradberry is bigger AND faster and we've got something special brewing. There's a reason Norman was a 5th round pick and Bradberry was a 2nd. 

3 hours ago, Mr. Scot said:

So there are plenty of plays that a rookie just getting started in the NFL didn't make in his first ever professional games that a seasoned veteran could have...

Okay.

I fail to see why people shouldn't be happy and celebrate our young corners progressing.  That's not "getting old" to me in the least.

My point really wasn't that it was getting old to praise the CB's. I have no problem with that as I praised them myself. My point to is... it's sad we praise them and often bring up Norman. That is overused to me.. but as I said.. I get it.. it's still a topic even in the mainstream media so whatever.

19 hours ago, Saca312 said:

No questioning Norman is good, but I'm pointing out how Bradberry is progressing and making some plays Norman doesn't, just like Norman probably has made plays Brad hasn't.

We'll be fine without Norman, and it won't be as huge of a loss in the future.

I agree with you and I believe you get my point as well. We're good. I just can't wait to leave the Norman debacle in the past and give these guys a chance to just be rookies/young players and not have Norman tied to them in so many discussions. I'm sure they'd appreciate that personally as well. 

I don't think people understand the hatred of the Josh/Gettleman situation. It's not that Gettleman didn't want to throw 50+ mil at a CB (because it's safe to say most of us agree with that), it's the fact that we could of had BOTH this year if Gettleman doesn't rescind the tag. It was a stupid move then and a stupid move now, and the constant Bradberry vs Norman threads won't change that.

Just think about the defense THIS YEAR with Norman and Bradberry on each side. I have no doubt that that duo would have helped us win AT LEAST 3 more games (maybe even more), putting us squarely in the playoff race and possible top 2 seed. There is no doubt that Bradberry and Worley are progressing VERY nicely, but it still doesn't change the fact that if we would have just stayed course with the tag on Norman, we would have had a REAL shot at another superbowl visit ESPECIALLY with no real threat in the NFC this year. We really botched 2 seasons in a row tbh.

Archived