• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Jake Delhomme

Lilsmitty09

That brought tears to my eyes man.  Thank you for putting that together.  The music choice was spot on and perfect for Delhomme.  What a magical year 2003 was for the Cardiac Cats baby!  I loved Jakes Cajun boy swag and he threw some of the wildest passes to 89 I think I've ever seen.  The dude was as real as they get and his story is a great one you new comers should check out.  

Jake's greatest strength was belief. He believed in the players around him and he lifted them up. Steve Smith might have never become who he is if Delhomme hadn't believed in him so much and just kept throwing at him praying for miracles.

He was a leader and a motivator. We saw him pick the team up on his first time at QB and bring them from behind for a victory. And he took us to our first Superb Owl and was the catalyst of the Cardiac Cats success and the near heart attacks we suffered each week.

And lastly, what a story of never giving up and keeping on working to make it. Inspirational.

But there's a whole generation that will just remember when it fell apart, and they'll throw stones at the guy.

Honestly, Jerry Richardson might have created the Panthers, but Jake gave us our first identity.

The guy had heart and soul like no one else. And many times, he proved that that can be just enough to make it.

First player to really give this franchise an identity.  Kevin Greene could have done it straight away but he got greedy. Steve Beuerlein was good, but seemingly made of cardboard.  Jake had personality, leadership, and caught lightning in a bottle here, which transformed the Panthers into a respectable franchise for almost his entire time here.  He was 53-37 in Carolina, and while there are those who think Smitty made him, he may have made Smitty.

I would trade Cam and KB for prime Jake/Smitty any day.  His is the only jersey I've ever bought.

55 minutes ago, pantherphan96 said:

Remember being out of market for the Panthers-Chargers game but the local game ending just in time to watch the last drive of that game and the game winning pass to Rosario. Good times.

I don't quite know why but I yelled after that play as though that touchdown won us the Super Bowl. I'm not sure I could yell that loud ever again but I'd sure like to have a reason to give it another try.

Just had to read up on that game too.

http://pantherswire.usatoday.com/2016/12/09/flashback-friday-jake-delhomme-finds-dante-rosario-for-a-game-winner-in-san-diego/

I can't believe you can still pull up the NFL.com replay. If you look at it, you'll see someone quite familiar in the background at the 36 second mark.

6 minutes ago, Cyberjag said:

First player to really give this franchise an identity.  Kevin Greene could have done it straight away but he got greedy. Steve Beuerlein was good, but seemingly made of cardboard.  Jake had personality, leadership, and caught lightning in a bottle here, which transformed the Panthers into a respectable franchise for almost his entire time here.  He was 53-37 in Carolina, and while there are those who think Smitty made him, he may have made Smitty.

I would trade Cam and KB for prime Jake/Smitty any day.  His is the only jersey I've ever bought.

Same here. I hope to add Cam, Luke and TD's jersey this offseason.

7 hours ago, CatMan72 said:

I've been a Panthers fan since 95, but it's gotten to the point where it's funny to see anyone besides Cam playing QB for us. 

I counted 3 times in that video where Cam would have got a flag for over celebrating. Still love me some Jake though. He was a awesome leader. 

Archived