• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Ricky Proehl retiring?

SCP

17 minutes ago, UNCrules2187 said:

Voth is implying on Twitter that one more change is coming. 

I'm guessing it's the ouster of Dorsey as QB coach.

This needs to happen. Ron isn't going to fire Shula because he's hedged his bets behind him too loudly.

But he hasn't done so for Dorsey who was just the shepherd of one of the most sizable players regressions ever.

This team needed some new faces on the coaching staff and so far we've only lost quality guys. Get some of the stink out of here.

It'll probably be Eric Washington though.

I'm not a Shula fan and wouldn't mind if he was gone, but I'm fine with replacing position coaches instead for this offseason. 

I and plenty of others have said it doesn't matter what the play calls are if the players don't even execute what is called. Across the board on offense the players just straight up failed at even completing their assignments. I put that on the position coaches more than the OC. 

We need to be churning the bottom of the coaching staff more often, the same way we churn the bottom of the roster.

1 hour ago, Devin said:

Good.   It was either that or get fired.  

Remember that whole "we're going to evaluate and make adjustments" thing gettleman was talking about? 

I'm thinking Proehl was about to be under the chopping block because of that evaluation.  

KB and Funchess havent developed ANY since college.   Ginn is one of Cam's favorite weapons because he's a vet that's already been developed.  

Dang, this makes a lot of sense. Are you sure you're on the right forum?

44 minutes ago, Growl said:

Questioning "effort" is full on "good feelings" talk.

When Funchess gets out muscled by smaller guys and KB takes off routes....effort can be questioned IMO.  You want those issues reoccur with some coaches who don't put up with it

The one coach I still believed in...  this sucks...

And again, Rivera isn't held accountable for horrible coaching/game management, Shula isnt held accountable.  But, Proehl is held accountable because Gettleman drafted two big, lazy, underperforming WRs with inconsistent hands and a lack of desire for the game who were over projected on the depth chart?

Typical.

Archived