• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Official: 49ers Plan On Giving HC To Shanahan As Soon As Falcon's Season Is Done

Saca312

I do feel like Atlanta got better this year with offensive scheming, and finding an answer at center. I truly expect a regression if they cannot match the schemes that were brought to the table, or at the very least build off of it.

Shanahan has truly become a great offensive mind in that organization. Issue is still basing a future scheme off of it, and being able to find someone able to play it out based on what happens on the field. 

An offseason will do wonders for those looking for ways to expose top tier offenses the year before. Just look at what happened to the Broncos under Manning's first Superbowl and the Panther's coming off of last year.

Really curious to see whatever new OC they bring in does.

1 hour ago, Saca312 said:

Per Schefter:

Will be interesting to see if the Falcons will maintain their scheme without him, and if the 49ers improve with him.

I've always liked Kyle and thought ATL was smart to hire him to hide the fact Matt Ryan was a average QB. I think he will have success and the Falcons will take a major step back. 

53 minutes ago, bigdog10 said:

Agreed. He's had a hell of a year. 

I don't think he's elite with Rodgers and Brady, but he's on the rung right below them. 

Yeah, I was ready to roast you (because, boy does Ryan get on my nerves), but his career passer rating supports your opinion.

Tied for 11th all-time.

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/leaders/pass_rating_career.htm

Archived