• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers Resign Ben Jacobs

OldNorthPowell

2 hours ago, Jeremy Igo said:

Should see more of these coming in over the next week's. A whole lot of that cap money will be going to players already on the roster.

I just hope we don't overspend on a bunch of replacement level players.

A $1m salary doesn't seem like much but if you do it 5 times for players that you could have replaced for 500k that is an extra $2.5 that you could allocate towards keeping one of your high dollar players.

I'm not saying Jacobs is a replacement level player, and I don't even how much he is getting paid, but I'll be curious how this offseason goes.

This is one reason I'm not a fan of all the trading up we do.  Those lower picks we give up could turn into really cheap backups on 4yr deals.

18 minutes ago, stbugs said:

He's not making $1M. Does it even say how much yet? He was released for most of last season and brought back for a few games after Kuechly went on IR. It'll be for the minimum not $1M.

Sent from my iPhone using CarolinaHuddle

I don't how much he is making and stated such in my post.  

I was speaking more in general about how some teams go about filling back up spots and Igo's comment that a lot of the cap will be used to resign current players.

I doubt the deal will be for the league minimum where you get the discount on the cap because they only do that for 1yr deals.

How many players did we have on the roster last year that made >$1m that could have been replaced by someone making around 600k.

Archived