• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Mel Kiper 2017 NFL Mock Draft 2.0

Catufb85

Cam is THE biggest investment Carolina has.  They would be very wise to make protecting that investment their number one priority.  The hits are adding up.  The fewer hits he takes, the more productive he will be and the longer he will be productive.

8 minutes ago, DPardue said:

Cam is THE biggest investment Carolina has.  They would be very wise to make protecting that investment their number one priority.  The hits are adding up.  The fewer hits he takes, the more productive he will be and the longer he will be productive.

Taking a tackle at #8 in this draft isn't protecting Cam.  None of them are worth that pick.

This year's tackle class is garbage.

1 hour ago, Mr. Scot said:

Taking a tackle at #8 in this draft isn't protecting Cam.  None of them are worth that pick.

This year's tackle class is garbage.

I agree about not reaching for a LT at 8, but I do hope we grab Garcia or Johnson at 40. If we can't keep Cam healthy, we lose, period.

11 minutes ago, electro's horse said:

kiper is the best in the business at what he does, basically invented the entire way we cover the draft, and works harder than anyone else at ESPN

when someone shits on him it's just a big flashing light over their head saying "I don't know what im talking about"

His job is to provide entertainment and act like he's some type of end all be all authority on all things draft related. And yes, he does that better than anyone, oftentimes at the expense of looking like a complete jackass.

14 minutes ago, Promethean Forerunner said:

First Howard at #8.

Now Taco? Granted, this is Kiper making this mock draft (not some random Huddler) but he's not a finished product. I prefer Barnett, Thomas or even Kpassagnon before I consider Taco.

Doesn't want Taco because he's not a finished product then goes on to list Kpassagnon as someone he prefers over Taco!

My god, c'mon dude.

I believe Barnett is at his ceiling now and that's why I wouldn't want him at 8. Thomas is nice and I wouldn't be mad the only thing I'm worried about with him is his length. He literally checks every other box but length is a big deal (see Shariff Floyd). 

Taco's ceiling is ridiculously high with his floor not being too much lower than Barnett's ceiling. At 8 you need to grab someone who can develop into a game changer and that's Taco. At some point we're going to have to put this supposedly great locker room to use and get these vets to get the most out of the young guys.

3 hours ago, OnlyPantherFaninMaine said:

Let's all just hope Watson, Kizer, Trubisky, etc. have a great showing at the combine.

Yeah I don't think there is any way Watson makes it past the Jets. In fact, I'm sure he will be the first QB taken. The dude is a hell of a QB and may end up going to the Browns in all honesty. 

21 minutes ago, *FreeFua* said:

I believe Barnett is at his ceiling now and that's why I wouldn't want him at 8. Thomas is nice and I wouldn't be mad the only thing I'm worried about with him is his length. He literally checks every other box but length is a big deal (see Shariff Floyd). 

What makes you think that Barnett is at his ceiling? He improved every year and plays run just as well as he rushes the passer. Just because a player is the safest pick doesn't mean he has the lowest ceiling. 

This is kind of the worst case I've been referring to.  People keep wanting to talk about Fournette or Adams but there is a very good chance they could be gone.

People are acting like we are picking 3rd or 4th when in reality we are picking 8th.  I keep hearing that "player x " isn't worth the 8th spot in the draft but most of those people can't tell me eight that are, they keep talking about 3-4.

Garrett, Fournette, Allen, and Adams are 4 players that I consistently see in the top 5 of various rankings. So who are the next 6-8 players on the board. (Yes I know we are picking 8th and that is only 4 spots away but one teams 8th guy on their board could easily be another teams 12th especially when you factor in need and schematic fit.)

Hooker ?

Thomas?

Howard?

Barnett?

Charlton?

Njoku?

Cook?

Lattimore?

Davis?

Williams?

Everyone wants to pick from the first 4 but that next group has a good chance of producing our draft pick.  Of the top 4 I think Fournette has the best chance of falling to us because of positional value or lack of.

I'm not saying Taco will be,or should be, the pick but of those listed above he is probably the most prototypical 4-3 end when looking at measurable.  Personally I'm leaning toward Thomas but I'll be curious how the combine goes.  He wasn't asked to rush off the edge much at Stanford.

45 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

His job is to provide entertainment and act like he's some type of end all be all authority on all things draft related. And yes, he does that better than anyone, oftentimes at the expense of looking like a complete jackass.

if you ask him about any player he'll immediately know their measurable, what system they played in, what his big games were, what his skills in college were, and he'll predict an nfl system where he could flourish.

if you ask that to any other person that doesn't work for an nfl team, they'll look up what mel kiper said. 

oh no he doesn't accurately predict the opinions of the dozens of people that work for 32 nfl franchises what a loser

Archived