• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Report: Panthers 100% Sold On Fournette - Will Be Pick If Available

Saca312

If this is true, does that mean we are getting a real FB that can actually run block? 

I didn't hear anything about us going after the two FA FBs that were out there this year, both who looked like great options for that kind of FB. 

I would be so happy if true. 

5 minutes ago, Promethean Forerunner said:

I don't see us trading up for Fournette. We'd have to use most of our payload to acquire him.

The term 'smokescreen' gets tossed around as a joke but I wouldn't be surprised in the slightest if there was some gamesmanship at play here. Saying that Carolina is '100% sold' and that he will be the pick if available at 8 is far different than saying he's the only player Carolina would consider taking at 8.

3 minutes ago, zacka77ack said:

I'm gonna have to wholeheartedly disagree. Ezekiel Elliott is a top 10 pick in any year.

Sent from my iPhone using CarolinaHuddle

3rd or 4th best RB in a deep HB draft with the position being so devalued... Highly doubt it. If Cowboys don't go HB at 4, Elliott probably lasts into the 10s last year too. Fournette, Cook and Mixon are all better than Elliott though Mixon's off field would likely push him down. 3 HBs aren't going top 10. Entirely possible none go top 10 this year even despite these report some right now.

I don't think anyone can compare fournette to gurley. ..gurley is literally all the rams have with a bunch of joe smoe QBs....9 in the box in the NFL is impossible to run on....our oline isn't as terrible in run blocking as some people want to suggest....and with Cam and able to throw down field Fournette would have 7-8 in the box for probably the first time in his playing career....good things will happen for him and for the passing game

Sent using the amazing CarolinaHuddle mobile app

I wouldn't mind this pick at all or even trading a second rounder to move up a little and get him. If the Panthers organization have that much faith in him , sure why not.   And we still in that situation have a late 2nd and late 3rd, and all our other picks intact.

3rd or 4th best RB in a deep HB draft with the position being so devalued... Highly doubt it. If Cowboys don't go HB at 4, Elliott probably lasts into the 10s last year too. Fournette, Cook and Mixon are all better than Elliott though Mixon's off field would likely push him down. 3 HBs aren't going top 10. Entirely possible none go top 10 this year even despite these report some right now.

Ezekiel Elliott had 2000 yards (1600 rushing, 400 receiving) and 16 touchdowns. And he's the 3rd/4th best RB in this year's class? 3 RBs will do better than that this coming year? That's rich. Great RBs have not been devalued. Average RBs have. Fournette and Elliott are greats, not average.

Sent from my iPhone using CarolinaHuddle

Archived