• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Welcome Back D'onta Foreman

Catufb85

If the scenario plays out that we don't draft Fournette, Cook, or McCafferey... Here is the back we should take in the 2nd-3rd round.  D'onta Foreman stormed back on the scene with his great pro day.  Foreman weighed in at 234 and clocked a blazing a sub 4.4 forty time.  32 out of 32 scouts were in attendance at Texas Pro day.  Reports say scouts ranged from 4.41-4.48 clocking his 40 time.  Records show that at 234 and if he had ran this time at the NFL combine he would have ran the fastest time since 2003 for a running back that size.

"None of those other players did what Foreman accomplished last season — rush for 2,028 yards, become UT’s third Doak Walker winner and led the nation in rushing yards per game at 184.4.

By Tuesday afternoon, legendary NFL personnel director Gil Brandt tweeted that no player weighing 232 or more pounds had run that fast in NFL combine data going back to 2003.

“He’s lost, what, 20 pounds? Slim and trim,” former UT running back Johnathan Gray said. “(D’Onta) looked good, he ran well. He looks like a first-rounder.”

I think this could be a great running back for us like a younger J-Stew if we can't get Fournette or one of the other two top running backs.

I was very intrigued by him early on. The tape (highlights) look good, and at that size still seemed to have pull away speed.

Then I looked into him more, and he has some very bad fumbling issues. If I am remembering right it is like once in every 34 carries on average.  Near the bottom in the entire RB draft class.

EDIT:

Here is the data points I was referencing. Looks like my memory was off. Fumble rate of 74.3.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/news/2017-nfl-draft-which-running-backs-raise-red-flags-as-potential-fumblers/

13 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

The fumbling issue scares the hell out of me. Fumblers rarely correct that issue in the NFL.

The only one I can think of is Tiki Barber. He changed the way he held the ball and drastically improved his fumbling problem.

But I agree it is very hard to fix this issue. I still get chills thinking of how Foster used to run with the ball way out away from his body. Fumble waiting to happen.

3 hours ago, Catufb85 said:

If the scenario plays out that we don't draft Fournette, Cook, or McCafferey... Here is the back we should take in the 2nd-3rd round.  D'onta Foreman stormed back on the scene with his great pro day.  Foreman weighed in at 234 and clocked a blazing a sub 4.4 forty time.  32 out of 32 scouts were in attendance at Texas Pro day.  Reports say scouts ranged from 4.41-4.48 clocking his 40 time.  Records show that at 234 and if he had ran this time at the NFL combine he would have ran the fastest time since 2003 for a running back that size.

"None of those other players did what Foreman accomplished last season — rush for 2,028 yards, become UT’s third Doak Walker winner and led the nation in rushing yards per game at 184.4.

By Tuesday afternoon, legendary NFL personnel director Gil Brandt tweeted that no player weighing 232 or more pounds had run that fast in NFL combine data going back to 2003.

“He’s lost, what, 20 pounds? Slim and trim,” former UT running back Johnathan Gray said. “(D’Onta) looked good, he ran well. He looks like a first-rounder.”

I think this could be a great running back for us like a younger J-Stew if we can't get Fournette or one of the other two top running backs.

I say with someone like that, we drop the idea of Fournette, and pick-up the Doak award winning. Dude is only a faster version of Stew.

Archived