• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Mike Shula wants to evolve

truthjuice

“In the Super Bowl, how many passes do you think Tom Brady threw to his backs? Mostly completed, right?” Shula said. “So maybe sometimes it turns into just a four-yard gain. But I’ll take a four-yard gain. . . .

They’re glorified runs sometimes, but they work and it doesn’t matter what you call them.”

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/05/01/mike-shula-wants-to-give-cam-newton-more-tom-brady-style-passes/

i hope this means no more run run pass every series. Dare I say, im kind of interested in seeing what his coloring book looks like this year. 

Surely Shula saw this before. I cant fathom he didnt. Fore sure 2 new draft picks didnt show him the light of that logig, becuse if it did he should get his ass out of here! Short yardage passes have been eating us alive for several years, and really its not that hard to do. Dink and duck as so many like to say, but wait...here comes the x- factor. Cam is too much ALPHA for such a scheme. A specimen like Cam cant play skinny white qb football.

For those that say Shula should have done this years ago. When did two players like CMC and Samuel ever fall to us in the draft before when we didn't have a desperate need to fill other positions? Gentleman was not about to draft a small RB/WR when we had D-Will and J-Stew. I think signing Ginn and Fozzy was an attempt to get the closest thing they could find though.

35 minutes ago, coralreefer_1 said:

Surely Shula saw this before. I cant fathom he didnt. Fore sure 2 new draft picks didnt show him the light of that logig, becuse if it did he should get his ass out of here! Short yardage passes have been eating us alive for several years, and really its not that hard to do. Dink and duck as so many like to say, but wait...here comes the x- factor. Cam is too much ALPHA for such a scheme. A specimen like Cam cant play skinny white qb football.

To his credit, idk if he really had the tools. Or maybe that wasn't the offense his boss (Rivera) wanted to run? I'm desperately trying to look on the bright side and stay excited about next season. 

Losing Smith and Gross was pretty tough and replacing those guys just didn't happen. Now Shula is in hot water. He has to make McC and Samuel stars in our offense. We've brought in Cotchery, the slowest WR in Panther history, to coach these guys up, but I know Shula is worried. He's terrible at adjustments and creativity. This may be the draft that purges Shula.

Archived