• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Curtis Samuel leading reciever

ncfan

The way our offense is heading, Samuels could possibly be the "leading" receiver but won't even break 1,000 yards.

To be honest, I'd rather get away from designating anyone being the #1 receiver. The ball goes to who is open. Let the stats speak for itself.

2 hours ago, outlaw4 said:

The way our offense is heading, Samuels could possibly be the "leading" receiver but won't even break 1,000 yards.

To be honest, I'd rather get away from designating anyone being the #1 receiver. The ball goes to who is open. Let the stats speak for itself.

Aka Patriot football

Patriots have the best offense imo in the NFL. Steelers the second best. I give us the third best offense.

If Cam spread the ball like 2015 and with our defense being better than last year, sky is the limit.

I wouldn't be surprised at all if he's our leading WR. Those inside slants to him will be deadly. 

Think with the way we havnt addressed the TE spot and and stacked up the WR spot, AND Rivera saying he wants to evolve. I think we will see more 3 wr sets similar to Greenbay and NE (though they do run double TE sets as well)

Agree it will be hard for defenses with him catching the ball in the zone, or going deep like we did with Ginn (he has more wiggle and same speed as Ginn). But again the reason I think he coupd lead is just that chip, that "IT" factor. They way he sounds just super confident amd not going to back down. KB and Funch havent had that edge at all since being here and the FA have yet to show anything like it on their previous teams.

Sent using the amazing CarolinaHuddle mobile app

5 hours ago, ecu88 said:

Imagine:

Byrd CJ2 Samuel at WR just to stretch the field

Olsen to stay in the O line to help in blocking and CMC in the backfield shotgun to help as well. 

I call this the dump or burn play.

If the O line breaks down dump it to either CMC or Olsen. If O line holds up, the 4.3 and under crew will do some serious damage as we burn them.

Dang it brb

590a1d80db6fb_giphy(1).gif.aed7186f49ff5099482ceec2793aa7d9.gif

Byrd has to get a helmet and get on the field before he can stretch it...

I think Olsen will be our leading receiver again, but there will be much more balance across the board if we do it right. As far as true WRs go, I think KB will get motivated and get his body ready to have a good year, though I don't see him going on 1000 yards b/c of the balance with our other weapons.

2 minutes ago, TheMostInterestingMan said:

Not sure why so many have him with under 300-400 yards. He's obviously our Ginn replacement. Filling Ginms shoes, I expect 800 yards as a realistic marker. 

That would be phenomenal as a rookie

Archived