• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Look At Our Offense, How Could You Not Be Excited*

SetfreexX

Dudes want back to back winning seasons, and are disgruntled with THREE CONSECUTIVE NFC SOUTH TITLES.  I don't care if it went 12-4/7-8-1/15-1 it's still three straight division championships. 

Then to those saying I hope Benjamin lives up to it...what the hell is ''it''...the kid had 1K yards in his rookie season, behind Olsen that year who had his first 1K yard year. Then he tore his ACL sat out a year, and finished just shy of 1K yards AGAIN! I mean seriously, if the OL is just below avg last year he eclipses, 1K after an ACL tear. 

But some of ya'll say ''if'' he lives up to expectations in a run heavy offense that also features the TE predominantly. It's a sad a** day. Funchess has been the 4th option TWO YEARS IN ROW, I mean what kind of numbers do you expect from the 4th option....?? 400-500 yards and a few TDs....he's done that each season behind the top three guys, first it was Olsen/Ginn/Cotchery/Funchess and then it was Olsen/KB/Ginn/Funchess. I mean there's only so much production that he can muster 4th in the pecking order...

19 minutes ago, uncfan888 said:

The pessimistic ones are always pessimistic. I feel kinda bad for them.. Bad way to live 

I don't see it as pessimism as much as realism. Without a solid o-line our offense isn't doing squat. It's that way for the other 31 teams in the NFL too. Dallas trotted out a rookie RB and rookie QB behind the best o-line in football and they made it look easy. Our line is a big question mark with our expected starting center and tackles all coming back from significant injury, and that's just being honest. When TC starts, we'll get to see exactly where these guys are. If they look good and we have even  a middle of the road o-line, I'll be much more optimistic about what this offense and its weapons can bring to the table.  

1 hour ago, SmokinwithWilly said:

I don't see it as pessimism as much as realism. Without a solid o-line our offense isn't doing squat. It's that way for the other 31 teams in the NFL too. Dallas trotted out a rookie RB and rookie QB behind the best o-line in football and they made it look easy. Our line is a big question mark with our expected starting center and tackles all coming back from significant injury, and that's just being honest. When TC starts, we'll get to see exactly where these guys are. If they look good and we have even  a middle of the road o-line, I'll be much more optimistic about what this offense and its weapons can bring to the table.  

I fall more into this line of thinking. 2014 and 2016 was plagued by banged up Uglies and it showed on the field.

The upside is that we now have pieces that will alleviate some of the pressure up front. Less max protect, less seven step drops. Get that ball out faster to guys that can get open. It will take time for everything to gel, though, so it wouldn't surprise me if we don't get the results we want right away.

If you don't look at two exciting new players and get excited I don't know why you even follow a team. 

Excitement is not the opposite if realism. I'm excited to see how it unfolds. Realistically I know there are a lot of factors in play.

21 minutes ago, csx said:

If you don't look at two exciting new players and get excited I don't know why you even follow a team. 

Excitement is not the opposite if realism. I'm excited to see how it unfolds. Realistically I know there are a lot of factors in play.

Some people don't understand that this is the time to be excited about your team. Especially after we addressed so many needs and got faster on offense

Without question this has been the most in the dark and confused I've ever been about what is going on with the Panthers. We're going through a major change offensively and fueling that change with the draft and a less than super talented OC. I'm worried. If this doesn't work it means another lost season, and Shula will likely be fired.

I definitely feel like I'm out of my comfort zone as a fan. I'm used to the Panthers loading up the defense, and putting together an offense that's designed to beat teams with smash mouth outdated offense that mostly just works on weak teams. Switching gears and trying to bring in more college style plays worries me. Short passes from Cam? More screen plays I'm assuming? We're going to have to become very good at things the Panthers have been horrendous at doing for over a decade. 

But just because I'm worried doesn't mean we're not headed in the right direction. Our run - run - pass - punt, please god save us defense, cycle is hard to watch and is no longer a winning formula. Today's NFL is geared toward putting the ball in the air and scoring a lot of TDs. Up the middle on 1st and 2nd is for teams that have no faith in their QB, or have the greatest O-line in years. We're transitioning into an exciting style of offense, whatever new shape it may take, and that has me worried. I'm also hopeful that Shula and company have a plan and can make it work. Whatever happens this upcoming season is going to be epic. It's boom or bust. It's either going to be an epic disaster, or the beginning in a new great new chapter for the Panthers. Things really are wide open and optimists should be thrilled. I have a tough time being optimistic about anything when I don't have all the information, and we're all out of the loop. Only the coaches have some idea of what might happen, but even they aren't certain, and that's all part of the fun.

30 minutes ago, uncfan888 said:

Some people don't understand that this is the time to be excited about your team. Especially after we addressed so many needs and got faster on offense

Coming off a losing season brings less excitement than coming off a winning one

11 minutes ago, beastson said:

Coming off a losing season brings less excitement than coming off a winning one

I'm much more excited about this upcoming season than last. Nothing looked good going in to last season. No reason to think the team would be better overall. 

Only a pessimist would downplay at the potential for improvement this year.

Honestly I think this is the best offensive squad we've ever had on paper. My first inclination was to go with 08 or one of the other Smitty years because Smitty is such a scales tipper, but then I realized that Cam is actually the balance to Smitty. We don't have any WR or RB superstars like Smitty, but Cam himself is a superstar on par with Smitty...and at a more important position to boot. Having Greg outweighs Moose, and the sum of Stewart, Run CMC, KB and Samuel outweighs the sum of Double Trouble or any other mentionable sum of offensive skill players. The only X factor in this is the OL.  If Kalil can play well then this year's offense is a lock, imo.  08 we had a pretty nasty OL, but if 17 can be even close to it (and we do have a nasty interior line right now) then the whole of the offense I would say is the best it's ever been right now.  

Archived